AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: disadvantage for axe fighters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

16tons

by means of the new critical resistance skill.

axes get less total hits but more crits than other weapons, hence that new skill weakening crits weakens axes in general.

something should be done to balance that out, it just shouldnt be that, after people spend hundreds of hours on training their axe skill, another skill is introduced that makes axes into worse weapons than others.
I disagree, The axes is one of the best weapons for hideouts, so no other advantages to ge given, to any weapon.

biffbaffboff

Actually what you should be saying is that the rounds of combat need to be changed between melee and ranged.

If i see a target across the road who i want to slaughter i will take my SB1 out and blast them 4 times before the melee user gets close enough to strike me.Then in close combat i would expect to take a good tanking.

I would get the first 4 rounds in and then i would expect only to get 20% hits in afterwards.
16tons Wrote:axes get less total hits but more crits than other weapons, hence that new skill weakening crits weakens axes in general.

Axes get as many hits as any other weapon. Hitting your opponent is based on your skill/stats/level/etc. It is not dependent on the actual weapon.

16tons

zenith Wrote:
16tons Wrote:axes get less total hits but more crits than other weapons, hence that new skill weakening crits weakens axes in general.

Axes get as many hits as any other weapon. Hitting your opponent is based on your skill/stats/level/etc. It is not dependent on the actual weapon.

oh, i've gotten some bad information then.
in light of this this topic is meaningless of course.

dombone76

biffbaffboff Wrote:Actually what you should be saying is that the rounds of combat need to be changed between melee and ranged.

If i see a target across the road who i want to slaughter i will take my SB1 out and blast them 4 times before the melee user gets close enough to strike me.Then in close combat i would expect to take a good tanking.

I would get the first 4 rounds in and then i would expect only to get 20% hits in afterwards.
i was thiking this the other day.
VERY GOOD POINT!! i think a ranged weapon weilding ATTACKER should get several more hits in initially, up until the melee weilding DEFENDER can get in close enough to use his weapon. unless he THROWS IT... in which case, he would not be attacking until he closed the distance and actually removed the weapon from the opponents person to resume his defensive attack.

a melee weilding ATTACKER should be able to sneak up on his victim and have a fair battle vs ranged... but not the other way at all.

what up with that Zenith??
If thats the case, the range weapon would have some major disadvantage.

They will have to calculate the wind resistance, the velocity of the bullet, where to hide themself and many more unknown variables.

It's not easy to shoot a target in far range. Especially, the target doesnt stay in one spot for you to shoot.

This kind of stuff is too complecated at AL in this stage.
Reference URL's