AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Unequipping Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would someone do this when they go off online, are there any advantages to this?

iceman2020

lrrltt Wrote:Why would someone do this when they go off online, are there any advantages to this?

something in the code doesn't appear to be fixed in practice, although in theory Zen says it has been.
If someone was unequppied wouldnt it make them easier to beat and give up less ep?

filthymick

less xp = less reason to attack them maybe?

or they might attack better do to less encumberance, if they store their armor too when they unequip
I've noticed when someone is unequipped you hit them less. While your typical damage increases when you do hit them. It makes it much harder to win.

For instances when I fought someone I usually get 14 hit's in. When they toke off everything and stored it I hit them a maxim of 7.

I have yet to test the comparison of attacking someone without myself wearing Armour but I would bet that I would increases my number of hits.
filthymick Wrote:less xp = less reason to attack them maybe?

or they might attack better do to less encumberance, if they store their armor too when they unequip

This was what i was thinking..less xp

iceman2020

it typically doesn't have to do with exp gains, but gang point pvp gains.
Quote:it typically doesn't have to do with exp gains, but gang point pvp gains.

That doesn't make sense. We had a war this morning and I beat a player for 5 gang points because he was unequipped. Attacked the same player with his armor on and lost badly.

iceman2020

That would be randomness coming into play as well. No, it doesn't make sense, but it's how it is when points are borderline.
In addition to randomness, it could just be a bad call on that person's part. It can be an advantage when trying to get points, but just like in the case you saw, it can cut both ways.

While the individual would be worth 1 or 0 to someone much stronger (his advantage) He set himself up for the loss to you (given 5 points, your Power level must be a little lower than theirs.)

It is a gamble when it is used as a gang point strategy. In the first case, they lost.
Reference URL's