AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Encumbrance...Strategy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Casius

What does everyone think of this?

Pros:

It makes the exp and gang points you yield go to nothing.
Best if you never attack people and only train/crime since it doesn't affect those.
If you've just leveled and aren't attacking someone, you have no repercussions for doing this.

Cons:

Have to constantly store gear when you want to attack and bring it back when you don't.
Can lead to you being in the hospital for attacking someone that you normally decimate. :oops:
People may despise what you do and may seek to teach you a lesson in etiquette.
Large amount of exp lost if you get attacked and have exp to lose.

I think its one of those things that can be situational. You have to take a lot of extra time to implement this strategy in order for it to be effective. The fact that it doesn't affect crimes or gym trains is a big problem though. Someone could encumber themselves and just gym train and crime all day and not have to worry about people attacking them since they yield very little exp and 0 GP. Does this even matter considering not that many people do it?

Furthermore, how is encumbrance even a valid part of the game? how were people exploiting the fact that you could carry limitless amount of items? was it just added as a way to laugh at people who accidentally go over .99?

EDIT: Added exp loss and a way it wouldn't matter.
Let me guess, you didn't know you lose pretty heavy chunks of XP when being overencumbranced?
Yeah, you forgot to mention that you lose like 600 exp or so if someone attacks you and you're encumbered.

When I find out someone is encumbered, I make sure to farm the shit out of them so they lose as much exp as I can drain from them.
Yep, same. Just for shits and giggles.
Two of my favorite cows did this a few times. One for many weeks. Shame shame, lol.

cheetah

When someone hits you online for 9 days straight, it's a way to at least make them waste their energy with no return of experience... If they refuse to hosp, or mug, and want to do what looks like an innocent leave for a prolonged period, at least they don't get any experience.

And is the losing large amts of exp for it a new thing? I didn't notice it at all then, but that was some time ago. Good to know, either way.

But again, I've only done it once bc of constant online hits, and at the time I was just training, and the loss of exp compared to the loss of stims for constant hospitalizations....pretty much a toss up imo bc if you're gonna get hit online either way, you could use the money saved from stims to buy credits....fun lil cycle it is...

Casius

Considering you can't lose a level, the exp loss is moot if you've just leveled. And eventually the attacker will quit. Because waste of EP is still a waste, even in vengeance.

cheetah

Exactly. If they weren't gonna get exp for me for 9 days straight, they should've just hosped me and cost me more in stims, but they didn't want to "look bad".....

Weebay

I could be wrong here, but I thought this was talked about once in the past? To the best of my recollection Zen commented something about if players where doing this then they would potentially be able to get mugged for their items?

mudpies

yea, she really played the roll of fun police.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's