AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Again with my nimbus and travel whine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really do like gang wars nowadays, gang battling really did spice things up and made the game interesting for people that didn't concern themselves that much with hideout wars and more with pvp wars, since it gave gang warring a limited arena to do the PVP on. Since now when the hideout war is over, the pvp war ends. (Well most times)

And now you can attack people in serious during gang wars, that means you can attack people that you normally don't beat to get gang war points from them. And since you can't normally beat them you tend to gain from 5 points and up. Which increases the stress on the defender to try and stay on 70-100% health during gang wars to defend better so that one doesn't give away points.

And we have the belt which can improve the fighters performances, but for a hefty price.

What I am getting at is that the higher one is in level the more expensive it becomes to participate in these large scale PVP wars, since when you round 2000hp and start to go up to 3000hp and more the cost of successfully defending is gonna be rather harsh if you aim to defend against another attack. Like if you are a level 50, and have 2550hp, you successfully defend, and you get left with 600-700hp, you can still be attacked, and the only way to make sure to defend as best as possible is to eat nimbus, which gives 500hp, so to go all the way up you will have to spend 8000$.

Put in traveling cost to get away from attackers or to find targets as we level and get more districts that has ever increasing prices, will make pvp in gang wars less and less desirable, since inevitably the price of each gang point earned will just be too high.

Industrial District
Min Level : 3
Cost : $585

Rural District
Min Level : 8
Cost : $1,560

Midlan District
Min Level : 22
Cost : $4,290

Decatur Underground
Min Level : 30
Cost : $5,850

My plea is if people can find ways to make traveling and nimbus cheaper during wars.

My idea for this is that gangs with gang points open black market shops in the HQ, that sells items only meant to be used during wars.

Like:

War triage: Band aids that heals 500hp and costs 1000$ to make.

Silicone Triage: heals 1000hp and costs 2000$ to make.

And a garage in the gang HQ that you can spend 1/3 of your ap on to steal cars for that everyone can use, but can't hold more then 20cars. Unless upgraded.

If you use a stolen car, you can travel to any district you can normally go to, depending on the quality of the car. The level of the person stealing the car has something to say here. The lower the level the bigger the chance for that person to steal a lower quality car. Can even add car stealing to skills to improve perfomances.

Anyone have any views on this?

shadowinc

i like the jacking cars idea, it could be fun, i know all so well about the cost of traveling, it can breck you fast in those wars and the cost of healing,but i think thats why the admins put use gang points to heal members, it is going to cost one way or anouther, it sucks but i have come to accept it myself
I believe that last time I checked, the cost of healing 1 person quite fast outgrows the point gain from a war.

[edit] And I think of hideout wars as a place to gain points not spend them.

Gang point healing is better spent during hospitalization wars were cash on lower leveled member will run low fast.

Scorpious

Well, ask Zenith to add some more skills to medical and/or science. Make it a CP cost to make those items. Just like the skill of recharging belts costs points so will this skill. Amother game I play lets you use your points for med items if you wish.

Make it so that those are now the highest skills to get therefore you better stick with that career.
I agree nimbus and travel costs are up there, but if you choose to war you make the decision to spend money too. There is a give and take. Tbh, we found out long ago gang points are very precious and the only real use for them for us now is the gcb. Zen has some ideas for future gang point usages, but with the skills development, site attacks, code changes, she hasnt been able to work on them.

The war supplies does sound like a good idea, gangs should be able to get things cheaper that they steal aka hijack. Maybe another gang crime idea Smile

Lol....remember my buss pass idea Smile

In our gang, only one member can spend gang points and yes we take a vote..lol
Punisher Wrote:I agree nimbus and travel costs are up there, but if you choose to war you make the decision to spend money too. There is a give and take. Tbh, we found out long ago gang points are very precious and the only real use for them for us now is the gcb. Zen has some ideas for future gang point usages, but with the skills development, site attacks, code changes, she hasnt been able to work on them.

The war supplies does sound like a good idea, gangs should be able to get things cheaper that they steal aka hijack. Maybe another gang crime idea Smile

Lol....remember my buss pass idea Smile

In our gang, only one member can spend gang points and yes we take a vote..lol

would be nice to pay 10 000 and get to travel as much as you want for a day.
IMO it is a flaw in the new war system . Costs are just way to high for evenly matched gangs to war. Which in turns makes it far less exciting than its potential. Things are starting to stagnate so this could be a way to spice things up. Perhaps while in conflict making a PX available would be a great idea Druchi!

psudoderf

why not just buy you nimbus and stims off the market the price there seems pretty stable and threre is usually a fresh supply there that would help you cut down on cost
You might buy nimbus in quantities of 1 or 2, for 500$ over the market price.

But the rest of us actually tends to buy 50-200 when we go shopping, I could buy that from the market, however I like to save from 25 000-100 000 on bad ideas whenever I can.

buuddha

great post Druchii.

i agree that the cost of healing and travel is incredibly expensive.

the idea for stealing cars is the best idea IMO. this is a crime, gang, war game and there should be cars somewhere being used for something. the gang garage is a good idea but you should also be able to store some at your house depending on the size.
also, travelling in cars would not be free, it would cost gas and always the random chance that you get caught in you stolen vehicle. another chance for another VERY usefull skill.
If certain careers have special abilities, shouldnt those same certain careers have special skills found only in that career field? more very usefull skills
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's