AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: customer feedback / constructive criticism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Loki

Just one quick note regarding the recent coding errors -

Several of us had brought the defensive coding issue to Zen's attention prior to yesterday. It's too bad that it took a major player possibly quitting the game to get her to dig in and look at it. She didn't want to believe that something could possibly be wrong.

Someone who lists "AL" as a career should probably take customer inquiries a little more seriously in the future and lose the "perhaps this, perhaps that" method of responding to potential coding issues.

That being said, AL is still the best game of its kind. Obviously I'm more than a little bit hooked. Admin implements a lot of changes and keeps the game evolving and interesting for most players.

There is, however, much room for improvement in this one area.

ShadowKid

again i agree 100% with you
People make mistakes.

Err

Loki Wrote:Just one quick note regarding the recent coding errors -

Several of us had brought the defensive coding issue to Zen's attention prior to yesterday. It's too bad that it took a major player possibly quitting the game to get her to dig in and look at it. She didn't want to believe that something could possibly be wrong.

Someone who lists "AL" as a career should probably take customer inquiries a little more seriously in the future and lose the "perhaps this, perhaps that" method of responding to potential coding issues.

That being said, AL is still the best game of its kind. Obviously I'm more than a little bit hooked. Admin implements a lot of changes and keeps the game evolving and interesting for most players.

There is, however, much room for improvement in this one area.

I agree that it is unfortunate it took something like this to happen for us to see there was a problem. In Zenith's defense, however, she gets a lot of people claiming something is broken. Crime payouts have changed, crime success rates have changed, the attack code doesn't work, etc. She spends a lot of her days coding new things for the game as well as answering 100s of mails a day (literally). I try to help her out as much as I can but I have a full-time job so it isn't always easy for me to be online a ton.

I can understand why she didn't feel the need to look at it as something like this had never occured and she probably figured everything was OK. And honestly, I am not sure the attack code had changed since we accidentally reintroduced the old version, so she probably thought it was impossible. On the other hand, yes, in the future we should at least look into things that might not be working right, even if we think they are.

Thank you for the feedback, especially for doing it in a calm, sensible way and not turning it into a bash-fest, haha.

Weebay

I didn't think AL was Zen's career, I think of her more as my endurance broker!
ShadowKid Wrote:again i agree 100% with you
If you'd all direct your vision out the left windows to the fart in the wind.

ShadowKid

McCule Wrote:
ShadowKid Wrote:again i agree 100% with you
If you'd all direct your vision out the left windows to the fart in the wind.

Again do you love annoying people
Reference URL's