AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: just a quick idea off the top of my head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

When you are put into hospital i think you should get resistance. Just think about it. After being attacked it is going to harden you up isnt it. I mean (although this isnt like getting shot or stabbed) me being a guitarist my fingers go against metal and at first they always just got cut. Now theyr practically indistructabe, i can burn and stab then (im not an emo its just a kool trick to show people) but they dont get hurt. My point is after being damaged again and again they got tougher. After being shot and cut at your going to be a bit more resiliant to it arnt you?

Eirikur

calluses are fun. when i was fencing full time i could pull out a knife and stab myself in teh calluses on my hands as ahrd as i could and not draw blood.
Say you are a running back in football. You blow out your knee. Now for the rest of your career your knee isn't stronger than normal is it?.

matt5250

thats true zen, but hard blows to your skeletal structure that make micro fractures almost always heal back with more/stronger bone than before. people who train in muay thai actually use jagged pieces of rock or concrete to put tons of micro fractures in they're shins and forearms in order to strngthen them since knees, shins, elbows and frearms are used so much. so in a typical fight, you actually do heal to be stronger than you were before. although this doesnt quite hold true if your being attacked with a gun.

Eirikur

the thing you seem to be missing is that to srtengthen yourself by damaging yourself it needs to be small injuries. when they do that for muay thai they dont beat there shins until the bones are jsut a collection of fragments. tehy try to get very SMALL fractures.

when you get sent to the hospital in this game it is a large injury in which you are lucky to heal from. if i break your arm, your arm is going to be more likely to break there.

matt5250

ya, i know. Thats why I called them microfractures and said it didnt hold for be shot at. just as is doesnt hold for being sliced with a katana or something similar. still, blocking most strikes with shins and forearms produces the exact type of SMALL fractures that fighters emulate on person in order to strngthen the limb.

Eirikur

but not the type that would really apply to this game. what ever increase in resistance you would get from scarring and such would not make up the difference between the fact that i jsut broke your leg with a baseball bat. the net effect is that you would most likely be weaker.

matt5250

I think thats true if you hospitalize someone, because in that case you are just beating the hell out of them. but when you xp hunt and leave them, its just like winning a fight, you did some damage so they have a bit of recovery time but nothing too serious.

Eirikur

i think beating the hell out of them is like a normal attack. hospitalising them si like putting them in traction or coma.

matt5250

comes down to a matter of how you interpret the different attack endings i guess. Unless zen decree's something, there is no real right or wrong on that point, so there is no point in arguing.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's