AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang Turf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LuparKoor

by request of Druchii, i'm restating an idea I had in another text over here.

Gang Turf

- work as motivation for gangs to war
- add a bit of chaos to the current alliance heavy gang structure
- possibly add a way for a player to have a bonus to max happiness or happiness regen.

Ok, the way it works. The site would keep track of the average level of a gang's members, and this would be what the gang's level would be considered as.

There would be a few Gang turfs that could belong in each of the current districts and would be under control of one of the gangs who won it through combat.

Downtown - 1 turf (level 1-2 gangs)
Industrial - 1 turf (level 3-7 gangs)
Rural -1 turf (level 8 - whatever gangs)

Gangs would compete to be the dominant gang in a district.. they could only be eligible to compete for the title of the district that matched up with the level of their gang.. so a group of level 5's 6's and 7's would be fighting for the title of kings of the industrial district and even though they were high enough to go to downtown, they wouldnt be able to fight for that title, since their gang was too high level. This adds competition at all levels instead of just having the elders beat all of our asses.

Only one gang could control a district, and anyone declaring war on them would be eligible to become the new kings, if they defeated the old gang in a gang war. Furthermore, if the average level of the king gang raises to the next bracket, then the king's lose their status and have to compete for the next bracket if they want that district's prize.

If you make it so that being the baddest gang in a district meant a small bonus to happiness regen, or max happiness, than the competition for some districts would be quite intense.

Pretty much this would be a permanent version of what the Elders were trying to do with their tournament.

Thoughts?

(most of my brilliant ideas get commented on once, and then forgotten Sad )
a Gang controlling a turf should be able to do new gang related crimes towards leading a turf

-crack sale/drug dealing

-house occupation

-car jackings

-drive-by's

and so on

What could make the turf wars more serious would be respect multipliers

Lets say the gang had 5 level 14's and a level 5, then they get attacked by a a gang with more level 10's and a level 18 fella. the level 18 could wipe out everyone easy, but Respect multipliers would make it so that he earned less respect for killing the level 5.

if he exerted himself and lost the battle he would lose a bigger amount of respect then he would gain from attacking the level 4.

so basing Respect taken or given on levels people have.

Once a gang controls a turf, they are inegible for other gang wars, cause they can hide in their turf. You have to attack them in their turf, or get other gangs to do it.

way to get control over a turf is to push the defending gang down a set amount of respect, lets say 20.

i like this idea very much

LuparKoor

I was thinking more along the lines of surrender or die.. that way you are serious if you are looking to earn that spot.

noblebandit

yeh me too...i 've been waiting for something new and exciting here in awakenedlands...--that would be really cool if implemented...(but a lot of hardwork for zenith, i think :wink: )
oh i like the surrender or die, much better Biggrin

happiness regeneration bonus sounds awesome also, would improve training ALOT on turfs

LuparKoor

I actually don't think it would be all that complicated to add in.

As long as we keep the concept simple...

oddjob

neat idea if implemented right...
Reference URL's