AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Alternative to item market, ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

grabtindy

I was thinking how cool it would be to have an ebay style auction house to sell items. Then we could see what the real demand for items is. Could you imagine the bidding on a B4C if it started at $1?

Promathia19

if ppl dont browse and actually buy something from the market, auctions would do so well, even if there are set time limits
bidding would have to start at sell price or 10% higher to be fair to sellers
if you are going to do an aution lets do it right.

1) seller sets the starting bid

2) seller sets the increments in which the price goes up.

for example I set a starting bid of $100 ona rusty knife. I then set a bid incremetn of $10. the first bid would be $100 and each successive bid would be $10 more.

3) then set a range of time an item can be in auction.
for example 3 - 7 days would be sufficient.

4) Offer the same abilities to be anonymous or have money wired straight to the players bank to protect the player from being mugged should he happen to be offline when the auction ends.

5) Finally to protect from bogus bids take the bidded amount from the players banm until they win the auction or are outbidded.

grabtindy

An auto reserve at the sell price would make sense, but really if the seller chooses to auction, anything is fair at that point.
To start the bid it would have to cost money, also the longer you choose to keep it open cost's more money.

mudpies

this has been wished for a few times in the past. I imagine it will be a bish to code.
i think its a good idea start ur bid price and how long it can stay up there for
Reference URL's