AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: AL doesnt need a mayor - it needs a Godfather!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Faceless

There should be one omnipotent player, chosen from the masses who (for a set time duration, maybe 3 months) is chosen as the godfather, with unlimited powers to hosp entire gangs for hours on end - with his main goal to act as the jury and executioner in AL - hearing peoples gripes, settling disputes and if need be, dishing out justice to those who deserve it - I think Zen should create this position and then AL have a quarterly election to pick a player within AL (with his acceptance to a nomination) but, if he abuses his powers then obviously there needs to be a process of intervention with Zen's and Err's involvement
pullo
the strongest player in the game will always rise up to be top dog and able to vent his will, this doesnt need to be a position made by zen
But thats the point - it doesnt have to be the strogest player to be godfather - i think its a great idea, he or she would in fact then become the strongest player defacto, and have the power to slay the presumed strongest if need be - also, i think that all "issues" brought to the godfather should be aired in public - we should see what he/she would deal with and how- (affecting any potential for re-election) and as a result, if someone takes offense to a post, and decides to smack him around, the godfather can intervene if neccessary. Godd Idea!!!

buuddha

bad idea.

what about the strongest player in the game? they spent a lot of time and money to get where they are and they get to be hosped by some random player?

come on now.
dude, read first!!! not random - elected by us and who says that he will be hospd - it only implies that he can be if he does something thats way out of line, like start hosping noobs like carl , it creates a place where ultimate justice could (COULD) be served if it needs (N E E D S) to be serves - whos to say that Ush or Pun wouldnt be elected (pun already has 30 guaranteed votes)

buuddha

dude, think first!!!

thats a horrible idea!!!

you proved it when you said pun already has 30 guaranteed votes. what happens if people feel so threatened by some one they feel they have to vote for one person thus creating a dictator, not a godfather.

or what if sv or Valhalla just decides to take on like 5 sister gangs, thus creating enough votes to again, keep one person in power?

i cant remember who was involved in that whole big blackjeep racist drama bullsh*t but i have a feeling this idea came from that.

biffbaffboff

Fail.
Who'd want that job? After your 3months of power are up I can see a loooooong hospital stay courtesy of everyone with whom you intervened.
Weathers Wrote:Who'd want that job? After your 3months of power are up I can see a loooooong hospital stay courtesy of everyone with whom you intervened.

Oh i dunno... i could have fun with that... 8) lol

But i agree it is a dumb idea...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's