AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: im so happy i could kill myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Dragon

No, seriously. I hate drugs.

bloodblister

Here are some ideas for drugs in the game. I understand that this may not be possible, but while I'm thinking I might as well do it up completely. (All "Stats affected" are temporary and should be adjusted for level, of course. Since I have no real grasp of actual point values, I'm just throwing out arbitrary values based on a low-level character... say level 5.)

POT:
-------
Happiness: + 10 pts
Energy: - 10%
Cost: $
Bust: 1-5%
Stats affected: Accuracy +0.5, Dexterity -1 for 30 min
Trade-off: Cheap, but less effective

COKE:
--------
Happiness: +25 pts
Energy: + 10%
Cost: $$$
Bust: 5-10%
Stats affected: Resistance +1, Dexterity +1 for 45 min
Trade-off: Higher increase in happiness for higher cost

CRACK:
----------
Happiness: +40 pts for 1-2 hrs
Energy: -20%
Cost: $$
Bust: 5-10%
Stats affected: Accuracy -0.5, Resistance +1, Strength +0.5 for 1-2 hrs
Trade-off: Cheaper than coke, but reduces happiness to 0% after wearing off so more needed to stay happy

PCP:
------
Happiness: -10%
Energy: +25%
Bust: 5-15%
Stats affected: Accuracy -3, Dexterity +1, Resistance +5, Strength +3 for 10 min
Trade-off: Less happiness and accuracy for "Berserk" mode. Wears off faster, so use it or lose it. Higher chance of getting busted during fights.

HEROIN:
------------
Happiness: +100%
Energy: -100%
Cost: $$$
Bust: 5-10% / 10-25%*
Stats affected: Accuracy +1, Resistance -0.5, Strength -1 for 1 hr
Trade-off: Depletes energy at the sake of maxing happiness. High must be maintained to stay healthy. (i.e. half-gram per 48 hrs to start, then slightly increases as addiction grows until 3g per 24 hrs.)

* Risk of hospitalization (and subsequent arrest) after coming down is 10-25%, so you must maintain your dependency.

ECSTASY:
--------------
Happiness: 100%
Energy: +10% instantly, and increases regen rate by half for 3 hrs (Donators get 23.1%; non-donators get 12%)
Cost: $$$$
Bust: 10-25%
Stats affected: Accuracy -1, Dexterity +1.5 for 3 hrs
Trade-off: Most expensive and highest bust risk for longer high and better energy increase.

So, what do you think of that? I made the calming drugs give you better accuracy, and I think it should especially apply to rifles. Maybe include a permanent intelligence loss for drug usage as well.
I can see which one is your fav bloodblister. It's the only one without any negatives! lol

oddjob

heh, you only forgot to mention the one drug ive been personally cooking alot off in AL...

aka Jimmy Tango's Fat busters
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...ango&hl=en

ride the snake

in all serious tho, meth is one of the worst things ever, and the world would be a much better place without it.

Maybe add L in there to raise intel, but not allow attacking for a few days?
(kinda kidding)

ride the snake
How about Peyote? You could have a vision of a crime before you comit it!

bloodblister

Yeah. You guys are right! I COMPLETELY forgot about meth.

How about this:

METH:
Happiness: +20% for 10 min
Energy: +20% (for 10 min if unused)
Bust: 25%
Stats affected: Accuracy -1, Dexterity +0.5, Resistance +1, Strength +1 for 10 min
Trade-off: Bust risk is 25%! Also, jail time is 5-10x as much as other drugs, and effects wear off faster.

One more thing. You lose all your cash on hand if busted for any drug possession.

PS: Thanks for the link. Nancy Walls is totally hot.
I think this is an interesting post but i gather nothing ever came of it? Pity.
As with everything in this game there should be a long term benefit to counter the short gains if this is used, therefore i think there should be a humanity cost to receiving this boost, to represent addiction. So non drug users would benefit against smack heads

satanboy

Dragon Wrote:No, seriously. I hate drugs.

but they still love you... :wink: lol

hitman1985

I think the drugs should have some effect on the cyborgs, like randomly injuring itself due to different drugs it takes.

You know like a short-circuit, what ya say?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's