AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: How about an IRC chat page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Marlo

It would turn into a nasty clusterPuck. I would not partake.

Keitaro

Dragon Wrote:http://chat.wwcol.com/cframe1.html

Some thing like the above, but with out the need to choose a username, for that can be easily automatically implemented in to the game.
uh...I can't do that. The best I can do, is what i suggested above. Sorry?

Dragon

Do not be sorry, my friend. If any thing, 1 of the administrators could easily code it.

:wink:

Keitaro

well, I think i'll go and ask Zenith to post her thoughts on coding it on here...
The biggest issues I see with live chat (from other games that have them) is it is very hard to Moderate what is said on them. Sure you can block certain words but there will allways be a way around it. I feel that if there was one on this game, and how tempers flair, there would be a LOT of fowl language presented on it.

I would like to see one but have to present "both sides". :roll:

Keitaro

Well, i hate to mention this, since it's a debated issue, but there are bots out there that can help with that issue. One example i know about is a bot i'm well used to on gamesurge.net called SpamBot. As the name suggests, it will kick any user from the room for spamming. (as in posting more than "X" times in a row.)
I have also seen a few bots there that automatically kick for language. (you would have to set the words not-to-be-said)
Just throwing this out to see who will bite.

Menamos

Eaglefreak Wrote:The biggest issues I see with live chat (from other games that have them) is it is very hard to Moderate what is said on them. Sure you can block certain words but there will allways be a way around it. I feel that if there was one on this game, and how tempers flair, there would be a LOT of fowl language presented on it.

I would like to see one but have to present "both sides". :roll:

I love how Chief used that word there. Am I the only one that found that funny? Chiefeagle....get it? Fowl, sorta like a chicken, eagle, sigh, I give up.

Ugh ok talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: The Roman Empire was neither Roman nor an empire. Discuss.

mudpies

you people and your obsessive need to moderate. let the people speak.
as of right now, my gang uses yahoo messenger in Conference mode to chat while in wars and such....i know that you meant for all to chat but i also feel that is a bad idea...or could just be the opposite and give this game a boost...who knows unless we try right? Twisted

Keitaro

JaySin Wrote:as of right now, my gang uses yahoo messenger in Conference mode to chat while in wars and such....i know that you meant for all to chat but i also feel that is a bad idea...or could just be the opposite and give this game a boost...who knows unless we try right? Twisted
Thata's the attitude I like. Why not try it. If it turns out bad, we know in the future; but, if it turns out good, well, then that's very good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's