AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Idea to keep the brand new players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

biffbaffboff

Incase you hadent already noticed most new players leave within the day they sign up :roll: .How do we keep them? Well here is the plan.As soon as they log in they get an outomated mail advising them of careers/crimes and bank accounts.

Secondly they arent placed in the main stream AL.They are kept in a small village until they reach level 3.They can still crime but wont have access to the main players main towns.

Thirdly they are automatically placed into a gang that is 25 members strong.ALL new members with the continuing ID'S are placed in the gang until its full.All members are automatically given the mass mail option as i feel most new players leave through lack of communication with others.This would get the new players talking, making friends hanging around for more than 30 mins.

All new players ..as mentioned somewhere before would be given a new player pack including stims (non saleable) so they can attack someone , lose , and stim out and think wow ..great.

The gang would not be warrable but everyone could have the option to declare war,then get an error you cannot declare war just yet but would give them something to look forward to once they reach level 3 and are absorbed into the mainstream AL.

As the Gang president we could all have the option here to be the gang president,placed on a waiting list in order of application and when your number is up you are placed in the new gang with the responsibility to nurture the new players and advise them.Whats more if they havent already signed up as a referral then that option would still be available to them until they reach level 3.This would encourage the president to keep the player happy.involved and the president could have that player as thier referal if the new player agreed.Now that would make the pres work his butt off to keep the new players Biggrin

Lastly all new players below level 5 would not have the option to hospitalise another player..until level 5 is reached.This would take away all the cofusion with this attack type.

Scorpious

Sounds good there. However, I think they should still be playing for two weeks also before the hospitalize option arises.

biffbaffboff

But you like the idea?Its like a buffer zone for new players before they are thrown to the mugging wolves.Whats more the gang prez would be like a mentor so teach them and give them encouragement to hang around.Im sure atm that only one player out of 10 stays around but with this more personal help could be improved to maybe 50% hange around.

Also those who try the hardest to be great mentors will obviously benifit from the referal's they would get Biggrin Alround i think this should be done asap.

Scorpious

In the past I tried to look on the last user page and see if any new players are starting and online so I can ask them if they have concerns or questions to ask. Mailed some offlines also but felt I needed to get the onlines more since they may respond back. That and the offlines either ignored it or stopped playing. But with these two jobs that has fallen to the curb even though on weekends I try to look if I get time.

biffbaffboff

Ive done that too and managed to salvage 2 players out of about 6 that i talked too.But it would be better to have some personal touch e.g the gang to keep them interested and in touch.Also i didnt get a been or any reward for spending hours talking/helping/mentoring them even giving them items.
I did it for self satisfaction in sharing this brilliant game with others.

But a reward would have ben nice..
Great idea Biff, im for it....also we all have to remember,new guys will someday be old guys...and those who helped them get there shal be rewarded....

biffbaffboff

Even zen would benifit from new players staying .. growing and donating!

biffbaffboff

I know im just throwing a few up here but i just saw this

General Info
Name: marten595 [19606]
User Class: Human Member
User Level: 1
Signed Up: January 28, 2008 2:14:27 pm
Last Active: January 28, 2008 3:09:33 pm
Last Action: 34 minutes 22 seconds ago
Online: Offline
Days Old: 0
Physical Info
Health Status: Near Death
In hospital for 19 minutes. Reason : Lost in combat to Agentj.

General Info
Name: Sneek88 [19556]
Signed Up: January 26, 2008 7:49:21 pm
Last Active: January 26, 2008 8:21:00 pm
Last Action: 1 day 19 hours 26 minutes 7 seconds ago
Days Old: 2
Physical Info
Health Status: Fair Condition
In hospital for 5 minutes. Reason : Lost in combat to beautyqueenb.

General Info
Name: Destroyer713 [19560]
Signed Up: January 26, 2008 8:51:05 pm
Last Active: January 26, 2008 9:19:22 pm
Last Action: 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes 45 seconds ago
Days Old: 2
Physical Info
Health Status: Fair Condition
In hospital for 1 minutes. Reason : Got mugged by jwh246.

This is an every hour occurence but who is to say these guy's were not going to be the next "pullo".Who is to say they wont come back but they were not on for very long thats for sure.
so suggestions on hosp;n the players who do these things then mail the low lvl's when we see the occurance?

biffbaffboff

No these players were all offline but the game had already "lost them".They are highly unlikely to return so its pointless.But this thread is all about making these new players welcome and involved.If i were a betting man id bet atleast one of these players would have hung around given the right tutoring!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's