AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The Bank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

PropositionJoe

I know this has been mentioned in various forms before. I just realized today how useful this would be for me.

Proposing that bank accounts can be split up into Checking and Savings accounts.

Checking Accounts
: Would allow players to buy items from stores and the item market (and perhaps player to player exchanges) without having to withdraw the funds from their bank. Money deposited in checking would earn little or no interest.

Savings Accounts: Would earn very high interest. Money would have to be withdrawn from a savings account to be spent (or perhaps transferred to checking).

Maybe it would cost a one time fee to open up a split account. Or have a minimum amount required in the savings account to be able to obtain the good interest rates.

What do you think?
Mindleftbody Wrote:I know this has been mentioned in various forms before. I just realized today how useful this would be for me.

Proposing that bank accounts can be split up into Checking and Savings accounts.

Checking Accounts
: Would allow players to buy items from stores and the item market (and perhaps player to player exchanges) without having to withdraw the funds from their bank. Money deposited in checking would earn little or no interest.

Savings Accounts: Would earn very high interest. Money would have to be withdrawn from a savings account to be spent (or perhaps transferred to checking).

Maybe it would cost a one time fee to open up a split account. Or have a minimum amount required in the savings account to be able to obtain the good interest rates.

What do you think?

also so if u can go in dent but not to big or else ppl will take advantage to a certain limit

PropositionJoe

drec92 Wrote:also so if u can go in dent but not to big or else ppl will take advantage to a certain limit

You mean something along the lines of "overdraft" for your checking account?
Mindleftbody Wrote:
drec92 Wrote:also so if u can go in dent but not to big or else ppl will take advantage to a certain limit

You mean something along the lines of "overdraft" for your checking account?

i meant debt sorry
but it would be helpful to spend money u dont have the money at the tim but then have to pay it all back when u can
Like a loan perhaps?

Weebay

I was pondering the other day if you could have a banking career, higher levels allowing you to give out real loans to players. If they default maybe you could garnish their crimes?
Along with the bank, seeing a deed to a house would be great.
Kronald Wrote:I was pondering the other day if you could have a banking career, higher levels allowing you to give out real loans to players. If they default maybe you could garnish their crimes?
Along with the bank, seeing a deed to a house would be great.

yea carrers should be more helpful when it comes to moneyand it should also bemore realiaitc to real life in the amount of money u make per hour

PropositionJoe

I definitely do not like the idea of loans just being issued to anybody.. I think it might be hard to impliment an official loan system. Though the Banking career is not a bad idea - especially with the punishment of crime payout garnishment being applied.

What about the original idea of having a high yielld savings and what would amount to a 'checking card' - so you don't have to go to the bank before buying a bunch of stims?

Weebay

I like the idea of having a choice on your money, either in savings or checkings. Higher level interest accounts makes sense, and if your in the banking career that could allow you to access the best accounts?

PropositionJoe

Kronald Wrote:I like the idea of having a choice on your money, either in savings or checkings. Higher level interest accounts makes sense, and if your in the banking career that could allow you to access the best accounts?

I would see the Checking and Savings accounts being available to all players. Just as long as they pay to open them.

But perhaps with a Banking career your career level could be like your credit rating. Giving you higher and higher interest on your savings account as you get promoted in the career.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's