AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Rainbow

Here are some things I thought of last night when I was really bored. Let me know what you think.

Gang Points
We all know that using Gang Points can benefit the gang as a whole by upgrading hideouts, combat ratings, and etc. I propose that these points could be used for a variety of different things!

-- Gang Point Shop
At the Gang Point Shop the owner of the gang can purchase gang weapons/Armor/Helmets/etc. Gang weapons can be loaned to members of the gang as they are needed. Gang weapons automatically get stripped from a user when they leave the gang. The gang point shop should also have Stim Packs for sale that users can use if they are in the hospital. These would show up in Gang Items.

-- Gang Stat Upgrades
Just like a normal stat I think that something should be implemented that would allow members to "Train" things in the gang.There could be new things implemented that could effect wars. Like Gang Strength our Accuracy. This would allow gang members to also use there energy for there gang to strengthen it as a whole.
---- Using gang points for stat upgrades. Cashing out on Gang Points to train the gang in new stat areas would be awesome. This is kinnda like the Careers on the site.

Donating Items (I know this has been suggested before)
Users should be able to donate a variety of items whether its a weapon they don't use, our extra stim packs that could be helpful. These donations will show up on the Events page to let the owner know who has donated them.

Donation Logs
Whether its an item, credits, our cash I believe that there should be an donation log to let the gang president know who has been helpful out. There could also be Item Donation Logs to let the gang owner know who has donated what items to the gang too.

Gang Member Notes
This is more like a place that a gang member can place certain information about themselves for the entire gang to view. This could be stats, and advertisement for a cheap weapon, our a list of times that user is online. Would be kewl just to see something like this implemented that users could update to save time for the president.

Gang Permissions List
There should be a list of the members and what permission that they have in the gang. This is just an addition to the new features that zenith has coded recently.

Will those are all the ideas I have right now. I will post up more as I think of them. Let me know what you think!
Rainbow Wrote:-- Gang Point Shop
At the Gang Point Shop the owner of the gang can purchase gang weapons/Armor/Helmets/etc. Gang weapons can be loaned to members of the gang as they are needed. Gang weapons automatically get stripped from a user when they leave the gang.

This sounds cool. I like the idea of a gang having an arsenal of weapons to dish out to members. Twisted

biffbaffboff

Or even better we could have gang war chest.You would have to have $$ in this to pay the attacking gang if you lose a war.Say you lose its 2k to the winning gang and if you have no funds to pay for the loss your gang is either "claimed by the other gang as war proceeds". Also the war chest cannot be topped up during a war so you have to be prepared by having the appropriate funds in the war chest at all times. Whats more "twoing a gang" i.e 2 gangs v 1 would be outlawed.Its just 1v1.

Scorpious

The old gang war system was changed because of gangs getting destroyed. Not a good idea there. However, (mentioned before) gangs having their own weps may be good to loan to the others while in gang.

However, having the donation logs, gang member notes and permission lists are good. As far as the gang stat upgrades go I think it would have to be whereas if members use their own energy to strengthen the gang the bonuses should disappear if they are kicked from the gang. Otherwise gangs can just take members in, use their energy for the gang, and then kick them. However, if a member leaves the gang on their own accord then 1/2 or whatever percentage (if this was implemented) of what they trained to the gang stays there. Smile Smile

filthymick

if they leave the gang knowing they spent time and ap on the gang thats their choice. why give a refund?

Scorpious

Because that would be an incentive for them to use their points. If I was in a gang and realized it is inactive, no support from my higher-ups, no upgrades and/or money given so you could upgrade yourself I would not use any points knowing I would not get any back. Knowing that the gang will only keep 1/2 or whatever percentage of what you used to strengthen them may give that person an incentive to stick it out for a few more days as well as having the Prez realize that you better support your gang members before they you and your gang loses out.

Nothing was mentioned about "Refunds" though. All it said was that some percentage of what that member added on is lost when he or she leaves.

BlackJeep

I fully support these ideas. We need to have more motivation for gang on gang conflicts, and this is a great incentive!
I like these suggestions too! Smile

filthymick

Scorpious Wrote:Because that would be an incentive for them to use their points. If I was in a gang and realized it is inactive, no support from my higher-ups, no upgrades and/or money given so you could upgrade yourself I would not use any points knowing I would not get any back.
that makes better sense. yea i agree now
Reference URL's