AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Assault on Decatur II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

TheGeek

-= CYBORG INVASION SCOREBOARD: AL Players: 3 Cyborgs: 0 =-

On April 1, 2007 the existance of a new race within the Awakened Lands was brought to light. A handful of cyborgs sharing a singular hive mind, who through some means have evolved into another race, be it by defective cyberware or some other unknown device came from the Underground hell bent on destruction of our fair city.

The Awakened Lands National Guard stepped up to the challenge and fought valiantly to rid us of this dreaded scourge. Their losses were great, but they saved Decatur that night from total destruction. The cybernetic organisms retreated to their abode within the Underground, the hive mind declaring that they would soon return.

In this reporters opinion, we have not seen the last of these cyborgs and I only pray they do not return anyday soon. But rest assured they will, and when they do, I hope that all will join in beating them back to the Underground.

12 Apr 2007

Scouts sent to the Underground have returned with bitter news. The Cyborgs are preparing for another invasion. We cannot say when they will strike, but it looks as though they will be ready within a week. All Awakened Lands residents are asked to take up arms, or lock yourselves indoors. They, no doubt, are still brooding from their most recent loss and will be seeking revenge as well as new "recruits" to assimilate this time. Be prepared!!

17 Apr 2007

The cyborgs were defeated and have retreated back to the Underground!! The citizens of decatur rallied and fended them off!!

21 May 2007

Our scouts have returned! The Cyborgs have amassed an enormous force, and are headed into the city!!!

21 May 2007

The forces of the human army proved too strong for the Cyborgs yet again, in shame the Cyborgs had no alternative but to retreat to the underground once more.

10 November 2007

"It has been many months since anyone in the city dealt with the destruction and chaos that came about from the cyborgs. As quickly as they had come, they seemed to disappear. The continual scouting missions which had been an almost daily task of the ALPD and ALNG have now slowed to a near standstill. No trace of our enemy has been found, no whisper of their presence heard. The citizens of Decatur are now forgetting that it even happened, like a bad dream they have awakened from. But the peace will not last.

I have seen it, I have been there, the stronghold of the cybermen is stronger than ever. They have waited patiently, biding their time, securing their defenses and amassing an army. It will not be long before they are upon us all.

We knew little about how they came to be. But I, I have knowledge of their origins. It was a virus embedded in cyberware that created these beasts. The corporation that brought us this wonderous technology had evil intentions behind the mask of amazing self improvement they promised. Some people are resistant to it, others are not. But the virus is so strong that it has even consumed the minds of those who still appear to be human. Just one enhancement is all it takes, if you are not resistant you may fall to it.

How do I know all this you ask? Because I am becoming one of them. The progression is slow. At first just a whisper of the subconscious, then the dreams start, horrible, inconcievably evil and violent dreams. Then the dreams begin spilling into reality, just a flash of what I'd like to do, the killer instinct inside us all unleashed. Now the voices, oh, the VOICES! They scream in my head and burn in my veins. Its hard to control myself at times, soon I will have no control left, only violence, only hatred. I leave this last bit of information in the hopes that it may save some. Tonight I move, to the citadel of the cyborgs to take my place among them. You will see me again, weapons drawn and bloodthirsty. Do not take pity on me, do not hesitate, don't even blink. I have seen what I will become and it is your destruction."

-Journal from Anonymous

*** This has been some backstory/history for the cyborg invasion event run once a month. Anyone interested in participating or who would like to know more about it, feel free to mail me ingame. ***

*** Cyborg Invasion: Rules of the Game ***

Going to go ahead and post the rules for the Cyborg Invasion event, this way everyone has ample time to familiarize themselves with how to "win". All rules will be subject to change after each event takes place, depending on the difficulty and number of participants, these changes will be posted in advance of the next scheduled invasion.

1. A post will be made to this thread stating that the Invasion has begun, at which time all participating members will be known as Cyborg### (insert a random number).

2. For the first hour of the event, players goals are to defeat each cyborg twice. If each cyborg in the event is put in the hospital twice within the first hour, the community wins that hour. Any cyborg who is defeated twice will not attack again for that hour.

3. If each cyborg is NOT defeated twice within the hour, all cyborgs will begin attacking again, and the timer restarts.

4. This is a best of 3 competition, who ever wins 2 hours wins the event.

5. Do not stand idly by! If you are online during the event, you may be attacked by a cyborg, however, cyborgs will limit their attacks to player within +/- 5 levels of their own. We ask that the players do the same, however you are not required to do so. (In the event that a higher level player would have to hit the lowest level cyborg to win the event, this is more than acceptable)

6. DO NOT, I repeat, do not war with the Cyborg gang. Players taking on the rolls of the cyborgs are from many different gangs, and after the event, will want to go back to their home gang. If we are declared upon, expect your gang to be repeatedly attacked until you surrender or are defeated. This is to protect the players who are volunteering their time to help run the event. Just don't do it. The only reason we are ganging together is to make the number of cyborg defeats easy to track, and be able to declare a winner.

7. A scoreboard will be kept in this thread stating each teams number of wins. (The event will happen once a month, but may be subject to change depending on popularity of the event)

8. If you would like to play as a cyborg, please mail me ingame. Do not think that just because you are lower level that you will not be accepted, we want cyborgs of all levels so that all players can participate.

9. Finally, this event is about having fun! Any players found to be ruining the fun for everyone else will be harshly punished after the event is over. If you do not wish to participate, send me a mail when the event begins and I will make sure the cyborgs ignore you.

I hope that this event can bring everyone together and show just how tactical our players can be, regardless of gang or level. It should be a blast!

Cyborg Invasion FAQ:

Will I be able to identify the Cyborgs?

Yes, they will have "Cyborg" in their name.

What do we get if we win?

At this time no prizes are being given out for the event.

Am I too low level to play as a cyborg?

Absolutely not, because the cyborgs limit themselves to attacking players within 5 levels of their own, we want cyborgs of all levels to participate.

I got beat up by a cyborg while online!!! What gives?

We are running the event, and that is a part of it. If you do not wish to participate, mail me ingame and I will make sure the cyborgs ignore you.

Do I have to be a cyborg or have cyberware to play as a cyborg?

Nope! Originally we only allowed "cyborg" status players to participate as cyborgs, but we have opened it up to anyone who wishes to play as one so that our lower level players can get involved.

What district(s) does the event take place in?

The event takes place in downtown as A, this would be a likely spot for an attack and B, it makes it accessible to anyone who wants to take part.

TheGeek

reserved

TheGeek

reserved
I'm in! Woot is fun the last time..I hid in jail for 500 min to avoid Vorenus wiping his hiney with me..I may pay Pullo go keep him away for this one..

Marlo

So whens this all going down?

TheGeek

should be this week.

shadowinc

count me in,last time i spent more time in the hospital than out,maybe i'll do a lil btter this time,lol :oops:
I would like to be the jail buster on you guys rather than the hospitalized person. You may need one to keep you guys going Smile

Hawester

I'll do it also.

Scorpious

Can we have a jail busting team? That way all players participating can be away from Bubba during this time. Of course, cyborgs get busted too. Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's