AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Belts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

biffbaffboff

Why is the extened recharge of the belt (150%) charged at double the price of the standard recharge (100%) the maths dont add up atall..

filthymick

even more curious, why does the belt weigh twice as much as the armor?

biffbaffboff

True but back on topic please i wanna know why its twice as expensive!

mudpies

it costs extra to push it beyond its normal limits.

zingersmack

That makes sense to me. Which is why I only charge it to 100% usually. And sorry, but this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone experience that they do better in battle if the belt is not charged/unequipped?

Casius

The battle system in this game seems so random that its hard to tell if the belts do much or not. Just by eye-balling I would say the returns are minimal at best.

I've thought about testing this to see exactly what help they do, but to do that, the sample space would have to be HUGE. Probably need around 1000+ attacks on a single target with static variables (hp, happiness, ect.)

My bet would be after all that testing, the return on dmg mitigation would be somewhere around 1-2%, if that.

To answer the OP, your paying for it to be charged and the commodity to not have to charge it again for an extended period of time. If it was a straight 2x's longer charge for 2x's the money, you would never choose the shorter charge.
Casius Wrote:The battle system in this game seems so random that its hard to tell if the belts do much or not. Just by eye-balling I would say the returns are minimal at best.

I've thought about testing this to see exactly what help they do, but to do that, the sample space would have to be HUGE. Probably need around 1000+ attacks on a single target with static variables (hp, happiness, ect.)

My bet would be after all that testing, the return on dmg mitigation would be somewhere around 1-2%, if that.

To answer the OP, your paying for it to be charged and the commodity to not have to charge it again for an extended period of time. If it was a straight 2x's longer charge for 2x's the money, you would never choose the shorter charge.

Belts really make a difference against strong opponents. However, if you are fighting someone you can easily handle and don't take much damage anyway, using a belt is a waste.

Casius

So, can I assume that means that the belt dmg mitigation is a percentage of the damage you take? or that the more hits you take the total dmg mitigated is more, therefore its worth using?

The latter seems kinda obvious.
Reference URL's