AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Career listings in the pantheon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I don't really like our careers being listed in the pantheon. Having them remain anonymous was helpful in the advent of gang wars your enemy would have to guess who the repairers are. Now you just look at the pantheon for that appropriate career, look for the onlines in that gang, and bam, hospital. It is neat to be able to compare those stats, and I guess this is similar to the other listings, but I was just wondering who shared my sentiments. It does show me one thing, that I'm not the highest level scientist....gives me a goal I guess. Post up your thoughts.

iceman2020

I definitely understand your point from a gaming perspective. But if this game's purpose or secondary purpose is to incorporate as many real-life aspects into the game as possible with what is given then it doesn't make sense that someone can work a career, and NO ONE else knows unless told.

How did that politician get elected when maybe a handful of the population knows he's in office :?

I guess ultimately I don't have an opinion. There are the gaming advantages of having it concealed versus the real-life aspects of the game, but I would think ultimately gaming would win since it is a game.

I do think that if you're going to show the careers of the top few, that everyone's career should be shown.

Dragon

With every inevitable change, comes a variable number of different "pros" and "cons". Hey, at least some of us now can brag to others, about how our career is better, than theirs.

Smile
With Punisher on this. I don't like it... nope, not at all.
i was keeping mine secret too. but, whatever.... no big deal to me.

id sure like for an automoatic "repuation" increase to come along with leveling in careers.

again, the #1 military fella should have more rep than 2 (hence access to a better trainer). especially if its being broadcast for everyone to see.

OR AT LEAST ACCESSTO GRENADAES! lol

grabtindy

It just shows which career you are most advanced in, not nec your current career. I'm on the engineering list right now, but I'm not currently employed as an engineer.
Thats so true but I really was enjoying my anonimity as well.
I take it as a nod towards real life. In real life, with a little snooping, you can easily see where a person works at. So why not in game?
I don't have a problem with the careers, it doesn't tell you really what level in your career you are. You could be top as level 3 depending on the circumstances.
Jolabent Wrote:I don't have a problem with the careers, it doesn't tell you really what level in your career you are. You could be top as level 3 depending on the circumstances.

thats right. im living proof of a level 4 being rated #1.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's