AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Take my shift.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

valleroy86

This is all 2429 Badmanbren's idea, I added alittle.

Why not make working, somewhat realistic. What I mean is, say you know for sure your not going to work that day, or need some extra money, and sell your work hours and/or OT. The catch being, you still have to spend the AP to work those hours as well.

Or possibly even selling some points. What do yall think?

Thor

I'm not sure I get how "selling your job points" is realistic.

The only realistic thing I see close to that is if we could switch shift with some1else or have some1 work a day for you (he gets the pay of course) if you need a day off.

I never tried to sell my paycheck or asked some1 to pay me to do my job, did you?
Yeah, that's not realistic at all. It would also create a significant benefit to those with more purchasing power than others.

valleroy86

hydro9226 Wrote:I'm not sure I get how "selling your job points" is realistic.

The only realistic thing I see close to that is if we could switch shift with some1else or have some1 work a day for you (he gets the pay of course) if you need a day off.

I never tried to sell my paycheck or asked some1 to pay me to do my job, did you?

You've never worked a double shift for anyone? I know I have.

Thor

Gladly, I never had to do that but my point is that if I need you to work my shift, realistically, I ain't gonna ask YOU to pay me to do it. If anything, I saw people pay others to do his their shifts not the opposite.

Scorpious

Yep, sounds like the military then. LOL My best I made non-holiday was $150 for two 8 hour watches (homeport of course) with $225 for a Thanksgiving duty day. I wasn't home and since the other person wanted to hang at his girl's house (had to impress mommy and daddy visiting LOL) I figured that was the easiest $225 I ever made. Then again, overseas deployments rack up even more pay and rewards. LOL

Actually I meant to post two 4 hour watches for 8 hours. LOL No way I would take 16 hours for a measly $150. LOL
i was thinkig that as long as you work(spending ap) we should get work experience for free and dont hsve to convert points to get it
i think this is more realistic..
I want VACATION time! 8) :roll:

I was also thinking on holidays getting double time! Razz
alinutza Wrote:i was thinkig that as long as you work(spending ap) we should get work experience for free and dont hsve to convert points to get it
i think this is more realistic..

whay do you all think?

you do work some hours right?!

valleroy86

Scorpious Wrote:Yep, sounds like the military then. LOL My best I made non-holiday was $150 for two 8 hour watches (homeport of course) with $225 for a Thanksgiving duty day. I wasn't home and since the other person wanted to hang at his girl's house (had to impress mommy and daddy visiting LOL) I figured that was the easiest $225 I ever made. Then again, overseas deployments rack up even more pay and rewards. LOL

Actually I meant to post two 4 hour watches for 8 hours. LOL No way I would take 16 hours for a measly $150. LOL

Haha, sounds like you've done it as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's