AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: What is Acceptable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am not here to whine and snivel but since the certain people involved don't wish to reply to my messages, then I would like to ask other players this question and give them the scenario. Especially being newer to the game and as I have been told previously we all play this game differently.

Here is the scenario, you tell me what is acceptable and what is not. For the players involved, sorry you did not wish to give me your opinion and I am totally puzzled and need an answer and I have left all involved anonymous.

Scenario 1: My player is online and gets attacked. He is hospitalized for 15 minutes. He logs off since he can't play any longer. The next day when he logs in, he retaliates by attacking the player while online also. Is this acceptable?

Scenario 2: Another of my players while waiting for his energy and AP to refresh after I busted him out of jail is mugged online by the SAME player that attacked in the first scenario. My player is hospitalized for 10 minutes. Right after or before the same player attacks an offline player from a different but associated gang. His gang leader is not impressed with these actions and mugs the player that did this while online and gets alot of money. When I try to talk to the said person's gang leader, not only is the person who attacked the instigater hospitalized repeatedly but both his gang and my gang are declared war upon. Is this acceptable retaliation?

As you can see, I have not named anyone or any gang. All I want to know is why is it acceptable that this instigator can mug and/or attack online but when someone retaliates and gets off with money this is no longer acceptable behavior and calls for repercussions?

There has to be a guideline that players as a whole want to follow. Since it takes time (esp. for non-donators) to get their energy and AP back to do anything, there has to be a time frame that should be classed as reasonable length of time offline. To say, 20 minutes since last crime could possibly be acceptable for a donator, but as a non-donator I can tell you that in 20 minutes you do not have much refilled to do alot. As long as they do not log out or their name does not say offline, I think somewhere there should be respect. Am I incorrect?

~~~~Puzzled and confused, not wishing to name anyone involved, just looking for answers~~~~~

Thor

Took you long enough to post this, I was wondering when you would.

Get your facts straight, 15+ mins IS offline and I WILL NEVER AGREE to leave you 45 minutes before attacking.

Stop whining about the wars already, you don't lose nothing and we war 10-15 gangs a day, you got your turn today.

I tried to be fair and good with your other leader but he refused to understand that whether a player attacks your members 1 or 200 times offline, it doesn't matter, it's how the game is played. If you take it personal, it's too freaking bad for you and you're gonna hate this game before long. And his member was also attacked at 22 mins offline, he confirmed me this himself, so I don't see the point of attacking a guy 30 seconds after he got on.

I hope for your sake that no member of the RW family will ever become a good exp sheep for me because you will hate me like no1 before.

You should consider yourselves lucky we didn't anything worst. It's not everyday you can get away with a 22k online mugging and keep playing all day long.

You wanted an answer, you got it, now go back to mailing leaders every day about their members attacking your members online when they were off for 20-30 minutes if not more.

Edit
Oh and p.f.s
I ain't the leader of the gang nor was the guy who mugged your pal a few time this afternoon. Another fact you missed.
hydro9226 Wrote:Edit
Oh and p.f.s
I ain't the leader of the gang nor was the guy who mugged your pal a few time this afternoon. Another fact you missed.

I am sorry that I missed this fact, since you came to me about my VP constantly attacking this member online 3 days earlier and I was happy to send you a copy of his fightlogger in his defense, I assumed you were in charge, hence why you broached me on the subject that day. I guess I should not of assumed at all. Sorry for that assumption. I did not wish to name anyone. I just wanted to know what is acceptable so I can direct my gang members so as not to be in the wrong. Since we are newer to the game and no where is it in the rules, I am just looking for what is acceptable conduct.

So what you are saying is 15 minutes is acceptable since last action? I will be happy to inform my players of this and retract my earlier email to them stating 30-45 minutes. Sounds great. Thank you for taking the time to give me the information I requested.
I would instruct them all to be donators, too. Then there would be less bitching about the refresh time on AP points. That should never be something discussed if you aren't a donator IMO.
well I know they all noticed with the free day that Zenith gave them the difference being a donator can make. Unfortunately not everyone can afford to donate to the game. I have credits but I am not a donator. I use mine for money rather than refresh. But yes I definately understand your point.
Scenario 1: Stims are your friend.
Moriarty good idea, guess I need to buy all my members some.

so let me get this correct so I can relay to all my members

1) 15 minutes since last action means fair attack
2) If you want to attack a player 200 times a day that is ok
3) Is any level fair game? for instance I am level 13, does this mean I can attack a level 9-200 times a day if I wish as long as I am getting exp and as long as they are not online when I am doing it? (Just curious) or is there a certain gap that we should be doing?

Thank you all for your assistance in helping me understand what is acceptable.
it all comes down to your own judgements really. do unto others and all that.

personally i wait atleast 30 mins but wont generally attack to an hour gone. others attack on 15 mins, thats their choice.

being attacked offline means nothing at all, you maybe lose a couple of exp but thats it, by the time you come back you are generally fully healed. If you come back to find yourself in hos, its bad timing, shrug it off and stim out.

if you find a good exp farm hit em all day long again its down to you. if they are bright they will know what you are doing and shrug it off, be prepared for them to come online and maybe complain, in which case send em a few stims.

psheehan78

I agree with Mort. Offline is offline. The amount of cushion you want to give is up to you. I personally give 25 min and if I attack before that I email an offer for a stim if they get online while they're in the hospital but it's not necessary and there's no rules. I think we're all lucky Thor doesn't move to online attacks and render all of awakenedlands hospital bed stricken.
What we first have to remember here is that the community as a whole has agreed and generally abides to an offline attack policy. Online attacs, where you show up as green, or yellow are very few and far between. There are no rules set up by zen, this has just been decided that it is the best way for gameplay to be fair and fun. Online attacks are usually done as a statement, and accident, or during war. In our gangs, all members are instructed to wait for players to be offline, thus the 15+ rule. I personally wait 20+ and if someone comes on in the hospital i usually send stims.....As for the attacking more than once a day, yes we all need our experience, that is simply all that is for. Dont take it personal
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's