AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Donation Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if we could perhaps add a few items to the donation house. I know the game is basicly free but the specials for donators does help the boss keep things running Smile I was wondering if we could buy some humanity or even some job points from real money. With the new job code in place there are no level 2 medical players yet, and wont be for a while. It would be nice if we could convert doner points to job point so a few players can get started on better jobs and break things up a bit. Also myself being a very active player can't believe how long humanity takes to restore.... It's forever. If we had some medical players that could take off my cheap cyber parts and I could get better ones and have more humanity I could improve more. Donators could help take care of this.

But this being a comunity I'd like to hear others thoughts on this, I know once you get to the mid levels and have put a ton on INT and END, and the crimes support your money, and happiness refills cost more then they are worth, it gets harder and hearder to justify donation. I would rather be able to spend the points to improve my char and feel good about supporting AL.

Any comments?

Thanks
The Cookie Mobster
i think that donating bonuses are MORE than sufficient as they are

if you were to donate and get points into END (not refreshes, which are essentially worthless unless you have high END and a sick house) or sell them and get a great house, youll own in the long run by far.

humanity points, job points, etc should NOT be bought in the donation house. why? because that would just be a set up for abuse. someone would buy ridiculous amounts of humanity or job points, or w/e, and just pwn nonstop. even tho there could be limits and caps, these are some things that should be on a fairly even level for everyone with the advantage going to the older, more active gamers.

i just think extra bonuses for donating are unnecessary considering how unbalanced the bonuses are as is. if this were a poll i would vote no

Thor

I also vote no.

We were warned before starting that humanity wouldnt be easy to gain back, we still chose cyborgs side, we gotta live with it now.

And it won't be long before some ppl are lvl 2 in the jobs but I doubt any1 will remove a cyber before at least lvl 3-4, hopefully.

badmanbren

Yer I also vote no, I feel this would take away the need for activity, as players with real life large bank accounts could come in and buy his Humanity up to buy borgs and own us., it could only take about 10 mins of activity in a few hours to do this also.
while I dont think that buying humanity is necessarily a good idea...I dont see any problem with trading credits for job points. I dont see how trading in 200 credits to get 200 job points would be a game breaking trend....after all 200 Job points really doenst make much of a difference and since their are limits as to how high you can advance in your job who cares if some guy wants to donate $500 just to get the ability to reach level 2 of his chosen career.

just make it so that the credits only buy Rep or work XP
if youre a level 1, then trading job points for credits can get your stats INSANELY HIGH. think about it like this

if you are a high level with a high house and high endurance, 1 energy point MAY equal 1.5 development points

1 energy costs 2 credits

100 credits = 50 energy = 75 development points (assuming it isnt resistance)

lets look at your idea

100 credits = 100 career points = 400 accuracy. at level 1.

it wont work. trust me. job points should NOT be donated for, and i really hope they stay that way, even if the conversion rate is INCREDIBLY low and even if there is a cap. it should be 100% activity and nothing else
if you would have read the whole post...a fet that escapes many poeple...you would have noticed i said just make it so that Work XP and Rep are the only things that can be bought......that will not be a game breaking event.
ehh not worth it for work exp. by the time you need to actually use points on work exp, it will only require a day or two of work

Kokozama

I think plain and simple non-donators would just get more cheesed off, whether or not it makes a huge difference. I think everyone is hungry to know what our careers hold and i don't think anyone should be allowed to run off.

brythompson

^^^ i agree. let the jobs be level for everyone. It will keep it interesting seeing how diff tactics work with each diff job.
Reference URL's