AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gangs and Gang wars.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Devilish

Ok, here's a starting point. MAKE IT HARDER TO START GANGS.

Gang wars:
Proposed rules:

Attacking: Gangs may only attack another gang only if the recipient gang has 1/3 of their players online. This means that gangs can at least defend themselves because if there are none members online then it's a losing battle and I see that as an abuse of the gang wars system.

Winning gangs: Perhaps increase the amount of gang points earned when a gang war is won. But to compensate for this, there should be a chance for all participating gang members of the winning gang to be sent to jail. This means that there are pros and cons to starting gang wars.

Defending: Perhaps players can use their own hit points to defend their gang hideout.
This would work by the player sacrficing half of their hit points and take the next 5 blows directing it to themselves instead of their gang hideout.

Also perhaps some other ways to repair the gang hideout may be sacrificing all the players hit points to gain some 25% of the hideout back, or paying money or perhaps using credits?

Losing gangs: All participating gang members should be sent to the hospital for some 15-20mins and all non-participating members should be sent to jail for some 15-20mins.

Surrendering wars: Surrendering wars should be done by bribing the attacking gang with money with the maximum amount being the amount in the recipient gangs' vault. If the attacker accepts the money then it automatically get deducted from the recipient gangs' vault and transferred to the attacking gangs. This means that the attacking gang canno attack that same gang for 1 day so there is no exploit in this system.

Defending gangs who beat their attackers should earn more gang points and attackers will suffer twice the losing consequences(see defending).

Also add a "Gangs Alliance" tab, so when allies of a gang are under-attack allies are alerted and can then join in the war to defend their ally. Of course alliances will have to be set up prior to this.

P.S You should cap the gang capacity to 15 or 16 members.

Thanks for your time, D.

valleroy86

Well the new war code has alot to do with gang members and how active they are. If their active, they have a better chance at doing OC's than non-active gangs.

So since this is the case, why would we reward a inactive gang, with people not being able to declare on them without 1/3 of their members are online.

Also I think Zenith already increased gang points won in a war, you don't get alot, means you just have to war alittle more.

As far as sacrificing yourself or others, would be a good idea, except wars would most likely never end, people would be doing it all the time, I know I would be.

As far as the attacking gang losing, I agree with that point (only one I agree with, but that's just me).

badmanbren

Thanks Zenny but I think that... oh it's Devilish. :roll: A new job system has just been put in, let Zen get this done before moving back and refiguring out other things.

mudpies

Devilish Wrote:P.S You should cap the gang capacity to 15 or 16 members.

NO! That is wrong.

Thor

mudpies Wrote:
Devilish Wrote:P.S You should cap the gang capacity to 15 or 16 members.

NO! That is wrong.
Ya! If we want to waste 1.2 mils to get another friend in, it's our right to do so! Smile

badmanbren

I agree that's like saying cap the top house to 20mill only. If you want to spend 100mill on a house eventually let them be, it's there money if you can't afford it then you'll have to sacrifice things like money for guns goes to gang vault etc.

Dormagonn

I like the allied gangs allert thingie - it might show a (1) next to the Your Gang link, only the text inside should read: "Your allied gang is currently in 1 wars" or sth, and when you click, you can automatically fight the attacking gang and save your friends. Little gangs can use and benefit from this allies thingie a lot - if they're smart Wink

just the 2 cents of mine.

badmanbren

What if youre allied gang decide to betray you?

Scorpious

I think being allies with gangs would be good. Especially if you can repair their hideout with your APs. I bet it would really flip people out if a gang with a few members who decided to always attack another gang when no players are online if they think they are going to pound on another gang but the hideout is continuously repaired. Now that would really cause you to either have more members on at the time or get another gang to join in. LOL Imagine if I was bored and already did my work and OT and saw a gang being attacked with no online players and I started using my APs to repair it. I think it would be hilarious.

Or even just make it an option that if you see two gangs at war when you click the gang war link and you decide to repair one of their hideouts by clicking on their name and selecting the repair option. HEHE Many countries have tried to help others during skirmishes. Sometimes they get away without others knowing and sometimes they are found out whereas they become a target too. LOL People wouldn't know who was repairing that other gangs hideout.

badmanbren

This would just take away the point in having more members IMO. You could just start loads of 3 members gangs for loads cheaper and when someone attacks on your ally all of them would be told and pound on them. Seems a bit pointless of having mroe than a 3 members gang to me.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's