AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Keeping AL alive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Voting sites don't work. I was thinking of making a flyer and putting it up at LAN parties or something. Any ideas how we can promote this game. To see it rise above to 1000 active players.
do you honestly believe that lack of promotion is why this game can't gain and retain players?
(2012.Aug.23 09:37 AM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]do you honestly believe that lack of promotion is why this game can't gain and retain players?

If I had to take a guess I would say the stagnation (and when there is an update its something pathetically minor and not 'gamechanging') is why this game can't keep a player base.
If carefully husbanded, the resources we currently hold could last us for a few more years, but only if we collectively work as a coherent group and limit infighting.
In other words: This game is fucking toast!
People get bored. That's the bottom line. AL did a pretty good job to keep us for almost 4 years.

With the current model, AL will need to either.

A) Attract New Player consistent advertisement

OR

B) Keep all the OLD player with new content
I would rather just buy the database and the game's engine and all the scripts and simply put it in the hands of someone who's got the know how, and interest to turn it into something better then ever. Matter of fact we should just all be given the source when the lights get shut off. Then at least you can pick up where you left off assuming you could keep the community of people together.

The likelihood of this though is 0%
end this game or i will

[Image: kill-this-dog.jpg]
(2012.Aug.23 02:53 PM)traumakush Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather just buy the database and the game's engine and all the scripts and simply put it in the hands of someone who's got the know how, and interest to turn it into something better then ever. Matter of fact we should just all be given the source when the lights get shut off. Then at least you can pick up where you left off assuming you could keep the community of people together.

I like this one the most. Buy the game rights as a community and hire a programmer through donations.
(2012.Aug.23 08:46 PM)NehrGodly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Aug.23 02:53 PM)traumakush Wrote: [ -> ]I would rather just buy the database and the game's engine and all the scripts and simply put it in the hands of someone who's got the know how, and interest to turn it into something better then ever. Matter of fact we should just all be given the source when the lights get shut off. Then at least you can pick up where you left off assuming you could keep the community of people together.

I like this one the most. Buy the game rights as a community and hire a programmer through donations.

lmfao... this guys is hilarious...
(2012.Aug.23 08:46 PM)NehrGodly Wrote: [ -> ]

I like this one the most. Buy the game rights as a community and hire emocakes through donations.

this
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's