AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: donations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
what do you think they go toward?
It would be fun to see how much has been donated over this long stretch of inactivity.... To the lack of progress of maintaining our community. I would like some new posts on the newspaper every now and then. But who am I kidding.

TD;LR shoes
the game doesn't really leave enough clues to figure out where all the money went, so it would be difficult to determine. I doubt the game makes a fifth of what it use to in it's peak. Not sure the non-racist p.c. term for a person that comes into a lot of money, and thinks they're rich, then pisses it away in an instant. However this would be my guess about where the money went.
Well, I never invested a dime in to the game but tons of time. It would certainly be sad to see it go. Being a relatively strong player for all my power leveling friends I can see that I encouraged players to spend money. (not really an invitation to attack me to find out but if you have to...)
Maybe one day the domain just can't be found and I feel sad not having collected e-mail addresses of players I care about.
I feel sick thinking about the amount of money I use to put into the game, and I honestly enjoy the game a lot more now that I don't take it as seriously. Although, I bet if you take just the money that I donated over the years(pocket everybody else's) then the game could afford to pay a competent programer to renovate the game. It wouldn't even have to be a full time hire, just some kind of improvement or effort being made. One big update once a year would cost a couple hundred bucks, and it would be better then anything we've gotten in the past three years
I'm self employed and learned over the years that show is everything. The luck of any response toward the player base talks for itself. At least pretend you're working on it. This mostly does the trick for me.
The astounding thing about this game is that the player base is what really made it successful, and kept it from shutting down. I've played better games with far less success. Zen got lucky, and I think she's been somewhat ungrateful to the core group that has held this game together.
(2012.Aug.08 06:44 PM)selbaer Wrote: [ -> ]At least pretend you're working on it. This mostly does the trick for me.

and +1
some bro named Ken M.?

weird that was censored. weird.? I typed the bros last name but the filter shortened it to M.

Weird.
m e n c h e s
post some more rhymes or gtfo
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's