AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Site slowness/downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
maybe zen or err (most likely err) doing some noob coding and querying the db for every bit of information, instead of learning to use SQL joins.
(2012.May.03 06:49 PM)cipher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.May.03 06:09 PM)fngMalvos Wrote: [ -> ]That page has always loaded slowly for me too, I just assumed it was because there was a lot of data to load or something.

bird broke AL
(2012.May.03 11:17 PM)CrazyFoley Wrote: [ -> ]That made no sense, do donators get something for being at war? The site went down for everyone not just donators and not just people at war. You're not special.

sure it does non donators already got a full refund
(2012.May.04 10:11 AM)sickness Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.May.03 11:17 PM)CrazyFoley Wrote: [ -> ]That made no sense, do donators get something for being at war? The site went down for everyone not just donators and not just people at war. You're not special.

However, what he's saying is that both donators and non-donators were inconvenienced. Shouldn't non-donators be recompensed too, if anyone is?
(2012.May.04 10:23 AM)CrimsonFox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.May.04 10:11 AM)sickness Wrote: [ -> ]

However, what he's saying is that both donators and non-donators were inconvenienced. Shouldn't non-donators be recompensed too, if anyone is?

if you get a free coffee and are not satisfied ..... would you expect they give you the money the coffee "would" have cost you?
No and if you paid for your coffee and then an earthquake hit, you spilled your coffee and the coffee shop was temporarily shut down. You wouldn't get a free cup. We had 8 hours of slow game play nothing was lost it was slow. 8 hours of D status is roughly 7 credits. Which equals $2450 AL dollars. stop whining over pennys you didn't even lose.
true but as cipher stated it was because they hit a max , which is actually a neglect of staff to as the log in page says continuously work on and maintain the site
You lost nothing. You were inconvenienced and if you were to lazy to keep trying the page you gave up enough donator status to be worth less than $2500 AL.
(2012.May.04 01:32 PM)CrazyFoley Wrote: [ -> ]You lost nothing. You were inconvenienced and if you were to lazy to keep trying the page you gave up enough donator status to be worth less than $2500 AL.

The site was actually down for long periods for me, not just slow. I dont want or expect anything for the downtime.
not sure why this upsets ya so much but i asked a question , and i feel at the least the question should be addressed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's