AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Moderators involved in Personal Disputes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Without pointing fingers, or highlighting specific instances, I would like to bring up the topic of moderators who are directly involved in an argument that is game related, should not be able to mod threads pertaining to said argument.

It is impossible for a moderator to be objective when their ego, character and gameplay are an implicit part of the argument. and, as such, should not be able to determine what posts are to be cut, deleted, split or closed. This is a gross oversite and major conflict of interest.

While I realize that this isn't a court of law, and that a majority of the mods, and most of the players here seem to be below standard IQ and reading levels, this should be apparent to any objective observer.

This is just one of the many issues the forums have right now, but I feel that it should be addressed immediately.
Yes! We need more rules!!!!
(2012.Feb.25 04:52 PM)Marlo Wrote: [ -> ]It is impossible for a moderator to be objective when their ego, character and gameplay are an implicit part of the argument. and, as such, should not be able to determine what posts are to be cut, deleted, split or closed. This is a gross oversite and major conflict of interest.

i couldnt agree more. espsecially when an unnamed modzi is involved with so much drama and dispute. yet if we are disrespectful towards them for their possibly ulterior motives for thread removal, deletion, or locking, we get banned for 30 days.
I agree with Marlo.

Ush why are you posting again?............Go away. Your not needed here.

Did you think this was about you...........
if you're posting in the FORUMS, a mod is bound to be involved. forums are public. bringing your arguments here makes them affect everyone, not just the people involved.

if you want the mods to not be involved, mail them privately, use private messaging, or maybe try the combat zone.

if your argument gets out of hand, expect a mod to get involved. thats their job.

and i'm usually the one pissy about mod involvement. but this is a stupid thing to whine about.
While I agree, I'll play the devil's advocate and ask what a mod should do if he is publicly called out.
just gonna say what i'd do in this situation, i might be alone in this idea, but whatevs.

i'd reply to the thread and ask the other mods to deal with it unless something really out of hand gets posted.
(2012.Feb.25 07:46 PM)Ushanewnewba Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! We need more rules!!!!
Hmmmm...like in USSR....fuck the freedom ::::sarcasm::::
[Image: ussr-flag.jpg]
Winky
(2012.Feb.26 12:11 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]just gonna say what i'd do in this situation, i might be alone in this idea, but whatevs.

i'd reply to the thread and ask the other mods to deal with it unless something really out of hand gets posted.

That's all Marlo is asking for is in a situation for example involving you, being you're a moderator, to step out of moderating that particular thread.
Thing is you shouldn't step in and edit, close, split the thread any of the things that moderator's have the ability to do that should be left to the opinions of the other moderators as to what goes too far.
You and the others in situations like that should just take whatever and give whatever as a player and poster in the forums and leave the moderating to other moderator's even if you think something has gone too far.
Just my opinion and I'm sure not everybody will agree with it and I wouldn't expect that.
A mod (whom i will not name) removed my thread soon after he mugged me.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's