AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: simple question for buyers / sellers on the item market..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

thawdgharp

Say you're wanting to purchase a T-450.

You are now faced with a choice -

1) get it from the store for $350,000

or

2) get it from the item market for $350,000, because someone listed it for that price.

why would a buyer purchase that from the item market instead of the store? wouldn't you rather have $350,000 taken "out of circulation" instead of giving it to your competition (whoever is selling the gun)?

the competetive nature of this game is such that it doesn't matter how strong you are; it matters how strong you are relative to the other ALers. so why do people sell things for face value on the item market, and more importantly, why would someone buy an item for face value on the item market? why not get it from a store?

thawdgharp

mind you, this is purely hypothetical, as i've had my T-450 for a long while now
I might buy from the market if i'm not a high enough level to get to the store that sells the weapon in question.
I like to have Wook ask around and find out who is sellling, buy the weapon, then mug person who sold it..It is a win win situation..

thawdgharp

nathanket, i anticipated that answer..

right now i can only go to midlan.. no underground or beach district yet for me. but whenever i've needed something from a district i couldn't travel to, i'd have a higher level player get it for me! they've always been happy to do so!

i'm just saying, why your competition a leg up? makes little sense to me.

teamhood

thawdgharp Wrote:nathanket, i anticipated that answer..

right now i can only go to midlan.. no underground or beach district yet for me. but whenever i've needed something from a district i couldn't travel to, i'd have a higher level player get it for me! they've always been happy to do so!

The reason I often will buy from the item market is to help that person out. If I was to sell something on the market, I hope that people would want to help me out. I believe in karma and helping others out, even if they're the competition, it's ok with me. The more competition the more it will make me want to put time into the game and get beefy.
If an item is in unlimited supply I would expect to see it posted in the item market between the sell price and the buy price (plus posting fee). Anything less is a fire-sale (since you can get more if you sold it to the store immediately) and anything more is hoping you catch someone napping.

Many players like to charge a travel fee for items in higher-level districts. So for players without a lot of friends that $350K shotty on the market is a relative bargain if they can't get into the district to purchase it themselves.
thawdgharp Wrote:nathanket, i anticipated that answer..

but in turn if none of them said higher level players are not your friends are you still not helping someone stronger get even stronger?

Dragon

Well, one could purchase off the market, for the mugging thrills.

Twisted

thawdgharp

i see, i see.

i don't know why, but it always irritates me when stuff is on the item market and the price is NOT between the buy & sell price. oh well. bunch of savages roaming the streets. Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's