AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
for those that don't use it, on facebook when you are mentioned in a thread you receive a mail. i wonder if it would be possible for someone to set up something like that here? not to the same level but if another option was put up to insert user id, they would receive notification of it. thoughts ppl?
(2012.Feb.19 04:21 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]for those that don't use it, on facebook when you are mentioned in a thread you receive a mail. i wonder if it would be possible for someone to set up something like that here? not to the same level but if another option was put up to insert user id, they would receive notification of it. thoughts ppl?

Like getting tagged in a thread? Eh..can't say I'm crazy about that idea...the notification when you get a mail could be cool, but it would have to be easy to toggle on/off or else someone could abuse it...
(2012.Feb.19 05:47 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.19 04:21 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]for those that don't use it, on facebook when you are mentioned in a thread you receive a mail. i wonder if it would be possible for someone to set up something like that here? not to the same level but if another option was put up to insert user id, they would receive notification of it. thoughts ppl?

Like getting tagged in a thread? Eh..can't say I'm crazy about that idea...the notification when you get a mail could be cool, but it would have to be easy to toggle on/off or else someone could abuse it...

they would have to be in your friends list of it to work maybe..
(2012.Feb.19 05:58 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds better. As another potential pitfall, it would require attaching a personal (real-life) identity to this game, which many might find questionable when a core rule is the non-disclosure of real-life information.
(2012.Feb.19 06:04 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds better. As another potential pitfall, it would require attaching a personal (real-life) identity to this game, which many might find questionable when a core rule is the non-disclosure of real-life information.

i meant in game mail only. the friends list i was talking about would be the one in game also.
(2012.Feb.19 06:11 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]

i meant in game mail only. the friends list i was talking about would be the one in game also.

I figured that that was what you meant, but the account would have to, in some way, be linked to your Facebook, and this would be a link from one to the other. Further, in the event of another hack, it would be far easier for hackers to link donator's credit cards and identities.
(2012.Feb.19 08:00 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.19 06:11 PM)GlennQuagmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012.Feb.19 05:47 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]Like getting tagged in a thread? Eh..can't say I'm crazy about that idea...the notification when you get a mail could be cool, but it would have to be easy to toggle on/off or else someone could abuse it...

I figured that that was what you meant, but the account would have to, in some way, be linked to your Facebook, and this would be a link from one to the other. Further, in the event of another hack, it would be far easier for hackers to link donator's credit cards and identities.

no dude, i mean not have it connected to anything outside of the game. if i was to link someone to a post i have made, maybe via a dropbox with my friends list in it. a mail would then go to their Al characters inbox saying that they where linked to a post.

the idea came from facebook but implementing it here would have nothing to do with someones facebook account.
Do you mean writing a thread about somone tagging them in it then getting an AL system mail saying you have been tagged in this thread

( link below)

Like that?

I like the idea.
(2012.Feb.20 01:03 AM)Dreadwind Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean writing a thread about somone tagging them in it then getting an AL system mail saying you have been tagged in this thread

( link below)

Like that?

I like the idea.

probably the most concise and clear post i have seen you do. congrats. yep you worded it better then i did. Smile
LOL i can be mature and responsible when i want to Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's