AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Forum Bans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have recently been getting a lot of emails about the recent forum bans of a few players and people contacting me to attempt to rectify the situation. Since I really don't want to respond to every email, I am posting the information up for all to see to stop the "inquiring minds want to know", the plea bargain attempts, and the results that have and will be taken. Please note that although you believe that Zenith is a "no-show" these issues have been brought forward and discussed.

Bans in last 30 days explained and reasons why:

Bruguda - Permanent Ban

Although we don't like to ban people permanently, Bruguda has taken it upon himself to have total disrespect for mods and the jobs that we do. We as mods have rules to follow, just like players in the forum. These rules were set originally by Zenith and we try our best to uphold them as per our "job requirements". After numerous 1 month bans, a permanent ban has been imposed for constant abuse and disrespect for mods. Although we understand that not everyone will like us, there comes a time where a final decision had to be made.

Inpace and Monk - 90 Day Bans

After investigation, it was determined that personal information and direct links to personal information was posted on the forum then removed with the following "removed due to impending ban hammer" by the original poster. As per rule # 10) Personal information is unacceptable. Anyone posting personal information about someone gets 90 days suspension minimum. Knowingly posting this personal information broke the rules, plain and simple.

Headbustin (aka Cober), Filthymick, TraumaKush and Emocakes (aka CrunchyBlack) - 30 Day Bans

As per rule # 4) Any form of racism is unacceptable (this includes "slang words" for certain nationalities, races, religions). Violate this rule and you'll have your forum account/name changing privileges suspended for no less than 30 days and will be removed from the section.

Although some people do not think that some language and/or slang is considered racist remarks, the rules are very straight forward. If the word is found in the "Urban Dictionary" and is considered to be slang for certain nationalities, races or religions, it will be considered a ban-able offense with an automatic 30 day forum ban.

With this in mind, if you have incurred a ban of this type at all, the "30 day grace period" will no longer be in effect. If you have been banned at any point for these reasons and decide that you are going to try it again, please be advised that the next offense will double the ban time.
brugada ftw
okay let me start by saying that i'm not trying to be a smart ass.

if someone were to add some random word, one that could easily be used in everyday conversation to UD as a racist term and you were to search it and it came back that person could get banned for it?

also i had another thought but i forgot it... oh well it'll come back eventually
8929 Schwing Jolabent 41 249 Hospitalized by Brugada.

Sore loser lol!
(2012.Jan.10 07:29 PM)Spikelancelot Wrote: [ -> ]8929 Schwing Jolabent 41 249 Hospitalized by Brugada.

Sore loser lol!

i am guessing it isn't in relation to his recent banning. Wink
(2012.Jan.10 07:27 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]okay let me start by saying that i'm not trying to be a smart ass.

if someone were to add some random word, one that could easily be used in everyday conversation to UD as a racist term and you were to search it and it came back that person could get banned for it?

also i had another thought but i forgot it... oh well it'll come back eventually

I think that people are aware what is considered racist / slang. The recent words that were used that got the 4 banned on racism was obvious and had warnings about them first.

These decisions were not mine alone. The mods all discussed, along with Zenith and the bans were implemented.
probably not a thread that needs to be sticky'd though, no?

i think most would file it under 'who gives a fuck'
(2012.Jan.10 08:06 PM)spacebird Wrote: [ -> ]probably not a thread that needs to be sticky'd though, no?

i think most would file it under 'who gives a fuck'

I think I hit the wrong buttons when I was saving the draft.
Legit question. Why the fuck isn't in pace in fed jail
(2012.Jan.10 08:30 PM)Budweiser Wrote: [ -> ]Legit question. Why the fuck isn't in pace in fed jail

Why isnt DA in fed jail? Also, i think inpace may be mail banned.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's