AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The little things...??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i think that's a legitimate question.

i like this game or else i wouldn't play it, but there are so many aspects of the game that are dated at this point due to neglect over the past two years of not keeping them current and progressing with the players. it sounds like this crime progression thing could be very cool, though it also sounds like it might be a bit complicated. i think most players would gladly sacrifice some time waiting for that to be implemented if some of the other parts of the game were to be addressed in the meantime.
Coding can't be done in just five minutes

that post is only a week old.
the holidays are just pasting
and all the contest updates came quickly.
didn't cipherbill basically say it's hard to code when everyone's bitching?

granted i want updates as well, but ffs give him a minute.
(2011.Dec.28 06:33 PM)catalyst Wrote: [ -> ]Coding can't be done in just five minutes

Read again...

"The little things that I mentioned up top I hope to have done today or tomorrow"

im not asking for major updates, just what the thread title says..
(2011.Dec.28 06:33 PM)catalyst Wrote: [ -> ]Coding can't be done in just five minutes

i'm not trying to bash cipher in any way, especially considering that it is apparent to anyone that an admin/coder job does not work. but, really, a minute? it was announced that he was admin/coder early nov. since then, we have gotten from this game what any game should be able to provide just as a courtesy to its players, donor or non-donor. and that simply has been response to handing out prizes for contests in a reasonable time frame and a warm body to write to for those that find the urge. it just looks good cause it wasn't being provided before.
Really though we are just getting the same contests which are nice to have contests prizes are being handed out earlier too but we need more than contests for the game to keep growing and yeah i hope the new crimes wont be complicated and too hard to do too
I just feel its embarrassing to let the game go like this. We have 500 active players now. Obviously, the focus is not on new content and definitely not on getting new players.. only way to KEEP new people is to have a thriving community.

I just want to know what has changed? We had two people before and were spoiled with new/updated content pretty much weekly. I say two, but it was pretty much Zenith doing double duty..

I understand getting burnt out, but to just let the game go like this... I didn't foresee this happening in 2006 when I signed up..

Crazy that crappy games out there are thriving and we are just getting stale.

I still enjoy playing, and will keep active, but I will go on record with my disappointment.
No offense to cipher either at least some one stood up took the job unlike Zenith that doesnt do nothing now which doesnt make sense why she wouldnt if she would code and be admin do her job more money for her and we would be happy very stupid of her if you ask me
Yeah its bad to see the game go like this man you right i think that this could turn in too a really RPG one of the best of all time if they were updates in game and not fixing a bug is not a update its part of the codeing job what is Zenith doing Anyways Why no updates? anybody have any ideas? she wont respond to your mails
The best case scenario would be for Zenith to come back as Admin. This would free Cipher up to code. But, having someone to administer the game is an enormous improvement over the way things were 3 months ago.
We all have personal things going on in our lives. Some of us have kids, Most of us have jobs, some second jobs. So I understand taking some personal time.

You also can't keep everyone happy, and after a few years.. enough people complaining and or hacking your game wears on a person. Even people brought the online game to real life, which is too far...

This is Zeniths game and I have always enjoyed her twists to the game. Most have been positive, I just want more, now, lol...

There are a very select few individuals who could handle the admin role like Zenith did. I still feel there are other players in the community who would love nothing more than step up and take on that role. It's a HUGE deal for Zenith to give the keys to the city to anyone other than her, TRUST TRUST TRUST. Will this person get pissed and go crazy, delete stuff, play favorites.. then we of the community will blast her stating how unfair this was.. blah blah blah...

I don't know, did the community get so bad and so ruthless to their admin that they pushed her away for good?

Is this sounding like narnia? lol.. Must we seek her? ha
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's