AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Attacking higher levels a little harsh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

oddjob

I just attempted to attack someone 2 levels higher than me (13 vs 11); the fight came down to the wire, and i lost (barely :wink: )

however I lost 108 experience? 108!

Anyone else think this is a little harsh? I mean I know could just stick to whoopin up on peeps I know I can beat with no risk, but what fun is that? Im not saying I should lose nothing, but comon! How much is lost if you lose to someone of a lower level than you? 500? I would think my character would learn more by losing to Tyson, tather than pummeling Peter McNeeley or standing there laughing while watching Trevor Berbick try to stand up. (oh the humanity!)

Guess its time to just find some more poor level 8s....sorry guys
I actually think you'd learn more from McNeeley since Tyson would knock you out in 8 seconds.

The higher your level, the more you gain and lose in combat with players close to your level. That's just how it goes.

Dragon

I don't know if it's really harsh or not. How much do you think you would of gained if you won the battle? If you gained around about an equal or greater amount of experience, then I wouldn't say it wasn't that harsh. It's a risk you take, any time you have a battle with another player. You also take that risk when you try to bust out of jail, and no on likes jail.
i like jail. esp when lvl 13 are my celly.
(2006.Aug.03 09:58 PM)oddjob Wrote: [ -> ]I just attempted to attack someone 2 levels higher than me (13 vs 11); the fight came down to the wire, and i lost (barely :wink: )

however I lost 108 experience? 108!

Anyone else think this is a little harsh? I mean I know could just stick to whoopin up on peeps I know I can beat with no risk, but what fun is that? Im not saying I should lose nothing, but comon! How much is lost if you lose to someone of a lower level than you? 500? I would think my character would learn more by losing to Tyson, tather than pummeling Peter McNeeley or standing there laughing while watching Trevor Berbick try to stand up. (oh the humanity!)

Guess its time to just find some more poor level 8s....sorry guys

Suck it up
ummmm, lol check the date on oddjob's post
2006.Aug.03, 11:58 PM

buuddha

(2009.Aug.24 12:16 PM)Eaglefreak Wrote: [ -> ]ummmm, lol check the date on oddjob's post
2006.Aug.03, 11:58 PM
haha
haha, why was this brought back?
"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is sht but, hey, I'm in a police station."
lol he sucked it up for 9 months at least

General Info
Name: KeyserSoze [1477]
User Class: Human Member
User Level: 30
Signed Up: June 25, 2006 1:47:57 am
Last Active: March 10, 2007 4:08:20 pm
Last Action: 898 days 4 hours 14 minutes 38 seconds ago
Online: Inactive
Days Old: 1155
Friends: 8
Enemies: 93