AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: What have i missed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011.Oct.08 12:52 PM)MrPapagiorgio Wrote: [ -> ]When I go out to eat, it is not my responsibility to make sure I have a positive experience. It is the restauranteur's irresponsibility to make sure their customers are served properly, that the food is good, and that the environment is appropriate. If the restauranteur stops paying attention, it's not up to me to make sure the new customers enjoy themselves, no matter how much I like the place and would like to see it continue to operate successfully so that I can continue to enjoy my time there.

Don't come to my restaurant, you demanding bastard Winky
(2011.Oct.08 12:58 PM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]if u lost interest then quit you fuck tard why are you ruining the game for other people

+1
batman you are a moron. I don't even associate with you ingame. and we both know I hurt your feelings. I get it. I will continue to login to message my friends here.your hospitalizations really don't bother me. to be honest I didn't like you and I thought you were a retard before the hospitalizations. keep it up I don't mind. ask any of my gangmates I think it bothers some of them more.
(2011.Oct.08 01:07 PM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]youre an idiot, thats the reason this game is going to crap. this VERY SPECIFIC reason. people like you should be banned and if you want to play, then start a new character and see how much fun it is to be hosped because they CAN.

Again, exactly my point. It can't happen because there is no admin.

(2011.Oct.08 12:59 PM)Maccleod Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011.Oct.08 12:52 PM)MrPapagiorgio Wrote: [ -> ]When I go out to eat, it is not my responsibility to make sure I have a positive experience. It is the restauranteur's irresponsibility to make sure their customers are served properly, that the food is good, and that the environment is appropriate. If the restauranteur stops paying attention, it's not up to me to make sure the new customers enjoy themselves, no matter how much I like the place and would like to see it continue to operate successfully so that I can continue to enjoy my time there.

Don't come to my restaurant, you demanding bastard Winky

Where do you think I got the analogy? Now quit playing AL so I can come back. Chef is piss drunk, and the wait staff are robbing you blind. Smirk
i missed the logic argument. Jail

and bat-vag has been doing basically the same thing since i can remember, except now he has the balls(dm) to bring his shit to the forums. and no one is gonna start shit with dm because of some shithead like batty
batman and i have resolved this issue and apologized to eachother. the problem is solved and i hope more problems can be solved this way in the future
(2011.Oct.08 01:46 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote: [ -> ]i missed the logic argument. Jail

Well, then time to put the thread back on course!

(2011.Oct.08 12:52 PM)MrPapagiorgio Wrote: [ -> ]Multis would not be a problem for me if everyone were allowed to have them under the rules. But as it stands, I am less likely to help a n00b because I can't get over the idea that I'm helping some moron's newest multi rather than an actual new player. I would be significatly more likely to help n00bs if either the existing rule was enforced or if multis were allowed according to the rules (which is also what I prefer.) I brought up the multi issue as circumstantial evidence that no one is running the game.

I agree with much of what Cober wrote. But, I completely disagree with the last thing he wrote. It is exactly the point I am trying to make. He wrote "at the end of the day its up to you to make a difference." It is absolutely NOT up to me. It is up to the administrator.

When I go out to eat, it is not my responsibility to make sure I have a positive experience. It is the restauranteur's irresponsibility to make sure their customers are served properly, that the food is good, and that the environment is appropriate. If the restauranteur stops paying attention, it's not up to me to make sure the new customers enjoy themselves, no matter how much I like the place and would like to see it continue to operate successfully so that I can continue to enjoy my time there.

That's an interesting dilemma you pose (multi or noob), and that's part of the reason that I advocate more donator days - that's something that really made me a LOT more active and solidified my interest, and, at the same time, something that can't be passed from a mule to a main (at least, not in any way of which I am aware). Or, as Tealy has suggested, just talk to them! Make friends. Whenever a noob asks me questions, I provide a detailed response on the different possibilities, advice a particular course of action, and ask them to feel free to ask me questions. If they want a cheap weapon, I'll usually give it to them (like a 30k axe - what higher-level player will use that?), and that gets people to stick around.

And allowing multis just opens up a whole other can of worms - how many is too many. I could decide to just play 10+ accounts and run an entire gang of mes. I could ensure a high level of activity, could get all my accounts to level 30+ and ensure a very strong steady stream of income within a couple months. That, in my opinion, is an unfair advantage. This game is balanced, as many things, with opportunity costs. There are competing demands for AP and EP, and your choices determine your character; if you allow multis, you decrease the consequences of each decision, and therefore make the game less "fun" in my opinion.

As far as your statement about it being "up to Zen", I will both agree and disagree. On one hand, you are certainly right about her being in charge of the service. But, on the other hand, I can make whatever I want out of it! You said it's not your fault if the service of a restaurant is horribly, and it's not; however, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. If you go into it with the mindset that you'll enjoy whatever the game offers until you decide to leave, this is a wonderful game. It would be better with more active players against whom to compete, but there's plenty of inactive 'milestones' to hit that keep the game challenging and fun.
(2011.Oct.08 12:52 PM)MrPapagiorgio Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with much of what Cober wrote. But, I completely disagree with the last thing he wrote. It is exactly the point I am trying to make. He wrote "at the end of the day its up to you to make a difference." It is absolutely NOT up to me. It is up to the administrator.

When I go out to eat, it is not my responsibility to make sure I have a positive experience. It is the restauranteur's irresponsibility to make sure their customers are served properly, that the food is good, and that the environment is appropriate. If the restauranteur stops paying attention, it's not up to me to make sure the new customers enjoy themselves, no matter how much I like the place and would like to see it continue to operate successfully so that I can continue to enjoy my time there.

but in a restaurant, a server must tend to you. and in AL you are to attend to yourself. i would compare it more to a buffet, whereby you have food that you serve to yourself. AL has a buffet of crimes, gyms, districts etc, that you navigate around and satisfy yourself.

if it is your favourite buffet you will return to enjoy a meal. and perhaps the buffet doesnt have as many promotions as before, but it still has food you like and friends who eat there. maybe the service is crap, but you tend to yourself for the most part and you can eat without it.

So in AL the food is great, your friends are here, but the best tables are full of people who are loud and arent even eating. in fact they are throwing food and causing a disturbance to the people who are trying to enjoy a meal.

...after creating this scenario i realize that maybe it is the admins responsibility to kick these people out, or ensure the customers are satisfied. so maybe it is up to zen to fix this. but alternatively, if she does not, someone has to- and that is the buffets customers who enjoy to eat there and wish to continue eating there.
Would I like updates? Sure. But even without them I enjoy this game.
I set little goals for myself, when I meet them I am happy and set another one.
I run silly little contests in my gang. My poor gang mates humour me and play along with them, sometimes they may even have fun.
I collect things. I check out the market, sometimes I pick up a good deal on a low level armour or weapon that I can give to a new person.
I talk to people.

Hopefully at some point things will happen with the game, though I hope not so much it isn't totally different. But until then I plan on finding ways to keep my own game play enjoyable.
(2011.Oct.08 02:47 PM)HeadBustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011.Oct.08 12:52 PM)MrPapagiorgio Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with much of what Cober wrote. But, I completely disagree with the last thing he wrote. It is exactly the point I am trying to make. He wrote "at the end of the day its up to you to make a difference." It is absolutely NOT up to me. It is up to the administrator.

but in a restaurant, a server must tend to you. and in AL you are to attend to yourself. i would compare it more to a buffet, whereby you have food that you serve to yourself. AL has a buffet of crimes, gyms, districts etc, that you navigate around and satisfy yourself.

if it is your favourite buffet you will return to enjoy a meal. and perhaps the buffet doesnt have as many promotions as before, but it still has food you like and friends who eat there. maybe the service is crap, but you tend to yourself for the most part and you can eat without it.

So in AL the food is great, your friends are here, but the best tables are full of people who are loud and arent even eating. in fact they are throwing food and causing a disturbance to the people who are trying to enjoy a meal.

...after creating this scenario i realize that maybe it is the admins responsibility to kick these people out, or ensure the customers are satisfied. so maybe it is up to zen to fix this. but alternatively, if she does not, someone has to- and that is the buffets customers who enjoy to eat there and wish to continue eating there.

i feel like a better analogy would be a party... someone has this party, you help yourself to the booze and have a good time with your friends, but the host is missing or won't kick out the people who are becoming belligerent.

but you keep coming back to the party because it is enjoyable despite the belligerent idiots. and when new people come you can either talk to them, and get them to stay, or you can continue partying how you always have.

the multi problem is a big one, and probably always will be. it's like having more idiots show up to the party after, and it would be the host's responsibility to keep these idiots out, and get the ones already there to settle down or leave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's