AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: IM in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

UNCHeels

who belives there should be an IM in game for people who are online?

Thor

Has already been talked and asked many times. It always ended in a no.

syntheticdarkness

this would slow the servers down and cause the whole site to be slower. Unless there was a seperate server for this.

UNCHeels

what if some one had created a ventrilo account. zen please look http://www.ventrilo.com
just use MSN running together, that tells you who is online if they have AL ad themselves on together, works fine for the vilains

Ih8lucky13

I am for it, if it doesn't take away from the scripting of the game, but I think it would , and when MSN works perfectly fine there really is no need .

Dormagonn

I agree with all of you but Heels

Kokozama

Thats a long shot.. has anyone actually stopped to think on how the hell you program that? Already zenith has done alot, msn works, and its NOT running on a web-browser, not unless anyone has the slightest idea of how to turn webpages into real time, then FORGET it. I can program in C, C++, and VB, not expert, but if i were zen, i would not even try to think about it. :oops:
Even if Zenith was using another service to provide this messaging, she would not have any control, she would be the user, and everything could go wrong.

TheGeek

I think a forum post on an "official AL IM list" would be more productive than asking for something we've asked for before. Just get IM addresses from people using MSN or some such.
Reference URL's