AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Open letter to those I attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Lostangel

Greetings,
I have heard from a couple of people about the pattern of my attacks. I wanted our community to know who/why I attack the way I do...

I only attack when my happiness bar is less than full (after jailtime or training), and my energy bar is full, or will be on next tick.
I find the highest level person that I believe I can beat who is offline and in the same area I am. Assuming I win, I always leave them. I do this so I can attack them again, and in case they come online (Nobody like long hospital stays when they first log on).
This assumes that my gang is not in a war with someone, in which case I will attack online.
I had previously agreed to lay off some people because they were attacked too much, but I have decided that this is dumb. I will not lay off attacking someone offline unless they want to pay protection money. Why should I accept less experience for my action points, not to mention that someone further down the foodchain would then feel my wrath as well as people lower level than me?
I expect to be attacked when I am offline (and I am, quite often). I have never complained about being attacked when offline. I would complain should I get hospitalized instead of left, IF it actually affected me. Also, if I am online during a war, all is fair.

*applause* very well put

Jack Daniels

I need protection......how much will it cost me?

Lostangel

Protection is negotiated on a case by case basis. It all depends on what I have to give up to not attack you. If you are 1st level, you don't have to worry, because I wont be attacking you. If you are 16th level I won't be attacking you for quite some time. If you are 9th - 13th levels, we have some room to talk...

LuparKoor

Lostangel Wrote:Protection is negotiated on a case by case basis. It all depends on what I have to give up to not attack you. If you are 1st level, you don't have to worry, because I wont be attacking you. If you are 16th level I won't be attacking you for quite some time. If you are 9th - 13th levels, we have some room to talk...

You've attacked me several times... the exp cant be that good.

I like to only attack people higher level than myself. That gives much better experience than someone several levels below.

Lostangel

You are completely correct to attack those higher level than you. However, those higher level than me have been playing the game much longer than me and are logarithmically more difficult to defeat.
For me, attacking is all about the pattern. Train, fight, fight and repeat. This is slightly modified each level, but generally works. If I spent hundreds of dollars to donate and get a nice house, I could win. For me, and most of us at the top of the stats chart, your stats are more important than level (assuming equal equipment). If someone spent time only attacking and never training, that person would be the perfect fodder for any of us. They would be weak, but give good exp.

LuparKoor

yeah, im sitting at 8 now not attacking until I get all my stats right where I want them.

N2DSHT

Well said lostangel.

JoeyBlackheart

haha, when im at work, im always logged off and on sparatically all day. About half of those times i've logged in while finishing up a hospital stay. Surely im not the highest offline schmoe that you can beat. You can do better than me!

*\o/* YOU CAN DO IT! *\o/*

Lostangel

Would that I (or most anyone for that matter) be able to travel to where the highest level foe is that could be defeated. With the $1000 ticket, I am staying put in my area.
Just as it is all but impossible (for now) for you to beat me, it is equally impossible for me to beat those above me. I would prefer for there to be many more people like yourself in the area I am. I would LOVE to "spread the damage" so to speak. Alas, there is 2 9s, 1 8 (in my gang) and several 7s, along with some of the game elders in the area I happen to find myself in. My pattern is to train, attack twice and train (for now, at least), If the 9s are online, jailed or hurt by someone else, the 7s have to pick up the slack. I don't even bother with 6s now, because they give too little exp.

As an FYI (in my opinion at least), too many people are targeting increasing level as opposed to balancing level with stats. Maybe I am fortunate enough to get with the "right" gang, but it is rare that I find any challange from those younger than me (the only one I know of is my VP right now!). It is better to focus on stats and getting a better house over levelling.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's