AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Referral
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Kokozama

Why do donators get more credits for referrals? To me, the referral system is mostly suited for those non-donators, a way of getting some of their days, donator status. Now, as non-donators can do this, why are they getting their income, halfed?? I don't see why donators are any different, if people spread this game.. it sure aint their fault if they don't donate. As things have came up about the fairness of donating, i'm not going into it, but some people, are from countries who can't donate, the ONLY alternative is referrals, and well, is the credit market helping the game? I think that donator's are great, but they should not get extra for things that help the game and staff. It's like saying if you have donated, you only have to donate $5 for a $10 donation. I think either non-donator's referral pts are upped, or donator's are lowered.

psudoderf

as far as i know you dont have to be in donator status to get the full credit i believe you only have to had donated once in your awakendlands life time to get full credit for a referral. $5 isn't much after all this game isn't free to run but zenith has not made it a requirement to dontate. a one time thanks is all it take $5 is the equivilant to a fancy coffee or a pack of ciggs (or in my car every time i hit the gas) just scrounge up some change and give a little

Kokozama

agghhhh.. Its not about the money, some people CAN'T donate, not everyone can, some countries don't have paypal etc. And am i incorrect that Donator or non-donator, referring, is the same job? It help the game grow, and get more popular? Its not about the money, it could be $1 for all i care, I just dont think its right to lower non-donator's profits from them doing a good thing. And if paypal doesn't work? Well, you'll just have to do double work then. :?

dayute

I've heard about people donating in other ways in the past. Even if you live in Djiboudi you can still mail Zenith five bucks American that you got at the local exchange office. It may take awhile for mail to get here from Djiboudi, but its possible.

Thor

What I would love to see is some kind of roll down for the referrers. Let me explain myself better...

X refers Y and gets 200 credits everytime he donates 20$
Y refers Z and gets 200 credits everytime he donates 20$ and then X also gets (example) 50 or 100 credits for Z's donation. This could go down 3-5 levels. After all ,the referrer of your referrer is alos responsible for you coming to the game.

But maybe then it would give too much credits but the original referrer of many people would get the bonus for all those that really came to the site thanks to him in the end.

mudpies

hydro9226 Wrote:What I would love to see is some kind of roll down for the referrers. Let me explain myself better...

Y refers Z and gets 200 credits everytime he donates 20$ and then X also gets (example) 50 or 100 credits for Z's donation. This could go down 3-5 levels. After all ,the referrer of your referrer is alos responsible for you coming to the game.

But maybe then it would give too much credits but the original referrer of many people would get the bonus for all those that really came to the site thanks to him in the end.

Yea, I tried selling Amway for a while too.
hydro9226 Wrote:What I would love to see is some kind of roll down for the referrers. Let me explain myself better...

I hate to say it but if you open the referrals up like that, you'll get Way too much abuse of the system. I used to to run a Paid To Read (PTR) site, people see stuff like that and they go Nuts over it. :? Sad
Our referral program is intentionally set up the way it is for numerous reasons.

If you refer active players you are going to earn a lot more than any game out there in free credits, whether you donate or not. I don't believe there is another game out there with our residual referral system. Most games you get an immediate one-time payout, whereas here you get them if the people you refer are active, and keep earning them while they remain active.

I'm pretty happy with the current system and don't see it changing. If you don't think it's fair then you don't have to use it. I think the long-term returns you get for generating referrals by far beats anything else out there, regardless if you support our game monetarily or not.

badmanbren

Amen to that! Good to see zenny using her powers.

mudpies

just as an example, this is how many ref points I've gotten from one very active player.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's