AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Jail attacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

colinmc24

I think making the crimes a bit more difficult by increasing the possibility of getting caught, is a good idea.The lenghts of time spent in Jail are quite long, so I thought why not let us also attack in jail an act that is done all the time in real life jails and prisons .There could be a link in jail for people to buy "Jail appropriate weapons" like knives and pipes or gang members could use a smuggle link to try and get the weapons to them that way.

I dislike the idea of not being able to play this game whilst I am in Jail as I am sure are most people .A friend of mine committed a crime and went to jail for over 200 minutes, thats a long time.Allow him to fight in there, with no rules, and hence gain more exp in jail and reduce the frustration of having to wait until let out.

Jail is meant to take away freedom and keep the public safe, my idea changes neither of those and allows people to continue play and , if allowed to, build up some reputation. Biggrin

Dragon

I think that we should be able to attack other players, while in jail, but only those players that are in jail, as well. It would be poor game logic if you were able to attack all players, while in jail. I know what! I'll just ask the nice police man to let me out for about 3 minutes, so that I can attack some of my enemies. But then again, may be if you bribed the copper...
That's an excellent idea. It will take a bit to figure out how to ensure players can only fight with appropriate weapons. If I enabled combat in jail currently, it would seem a little silly to bust out a shotgun on another inmate lol.

Err and I will have to have some sort of trigger than unequips or prevents combat with your real weapons, and only allows for stuff you'd find in jail. We will definitely look into this.

Thanks for the idea.

colinmc24

The attacks WOULD be in Jail, of course, I pressumed that most people would have thought that obviouse . :roll:

i was gonna suggest this but i swore never to make a poll again

this also reminds me of another idea i had

LuparKoor

I like this idea alot.

Make sure armor is nullified as well, since people would all be wearing inmate orange.

One problem I foresee though that needs to be thought out.

What will happen to someone in jail who lose in combat. Do they go to the normal hospital? And if they do.. with the code already in place they would just be released into the street once their time in prison was up.. so all of that would need to be recoded as well.

And I think you should have to get a new prison weapon every time you go to jail.. since you're gonna be shaken down upon first entering the prison each time.

Oh.. and fights in jail SHOULD have the chance of ending with more time added to your sentence.. especially if you put someone in the hospital for the long count.

pimpsta101

no theres suppose to be a hospital in every jail,so i guess the losers should go there.

Lostangel

Ok, some ideas on how this works...
Jail infirmary - HPs recover as in hospital. Happiness decreases as in jail. Player in infirmary can not be attacked. Action points stagnate as in jail.

Player 1 atttacks Player 2
Player 1 wins - Player 1 gets 1/2 exp of outside jail win. Player 2 in infirmary, If jail time shorter than hospital time, then player 2 in infirmary until jail time up, then in hospital. If jail time longer, then in infirmary until time up, then in jail for the balance of the time. If Player 2 gets busted out, does not go to hospital.
Player 2 wins - Player 1 goes to infirmary. Player 1 gets additional jail time as though he tried to bust out. Infirmary works as case above. If winning when getting attacked outside gives exp, then 1/2 that much exp goes to Player 2.
Stalemate - Both people get additional time, Player1 gets the same as a failed bust out. Player 2 gets additional minute.

Sam I Am

Yes but call it the Infirmary. If you win you gain not exp but Reputation points and if your caught by the guards you would be put in isolation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's