AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: PvP Gang Battle Attack Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
my recommendation would be for total removal of that code. it's quite a hindrance that it's in place when someone deserves a good thumping due to things that they say or other actions that they take. it just seems to me like another crutch people can rely on to not have to work stats and lvl to get stronger and a way for people to be protected for running their mouths and causing trouble.

saint

yeah total removal sounds best or instead of 4 hours, how about 15 minutes? once they're offline they're fair game?

most people are willing to help take down "bullies". luckily almost all of our higher level players are sane enough not to try the bully routine, and would probably chip in if there was a serious problem. I say almost all are sane enough because there is that one exception... but limiting it to 15mins would take care of excessive online hits
zenith Wrote:
w00k Wrote:thanks zen

can we now move on to removing that multiple hosp protection coding?

*crosses fingers*

I know that code it's much for for those who like to keep people in their place when they deserve it, but any ideas on making it better or a better solution?

I hate to say it zen, for the 1st time in my AL career I went out of my way to provoke someone to hit me online. While I was happy the code kicked in on my behalf, I have to tell you its THE most useless piece of code you ever invented. (No Offense!!)

I bloody deserved every hit I got and Knowing that code was going to save me didnt stop me from taunting the person who could easily obliterate me ingame. In fact I found once I got going I was having so much fun picking on him I couldnt stop.

That is NOT how a lower lvl should be able to treat a higher lvl. he's higher than me for a reason. As i would expect someone lower than me to respect me as well.

mudpies

You shouldn't expect respect. Respect is something you earn
mudpies Wrote:You shouldn't expect respect. Respect is something you earn

I expect them to respect my lvl... lol Twisted
maybe not respect but more along the lines of the "don't poke the bear" theory. if you're knowingly antagonizing, especially because you know that protective coding is in place, you most certainly deserve a few unrestricted thumps.

as far as for farming purposes to yield exp, when someone is offline there shouldn't be anything there protecting them.
Howlsong Wrote:That is NOT how a lower lvl should be able to treat a higher lvl. he's higher than me for a reason. As i would expect someone lower than me to respect me as well.

Agreed.

I think once the gang-strike is finished things will change.

Marlo

zenith Wrote:gang-strike
w00k Wrote:maybe not respect but more along the lines of the "don't poke the bear" theory. if you're knowingly antagonizing, especially because you know that protective coding is in place, you most certainly deserve a few unrestricted thumps.

as far as for farming purposes to yield exp, when someone is offline there shouldn't be anything there protecting them.

Exactly w00k... I was trying to make that point as well. :roll: :wink:
zenith Wrote:
Howlsong Wrote:That is NOT how a lower lvl should be able to treat a higher lvl. he's higher than me for a reason. As i would expect someone lower than me to respect me as well.

Agreed.

I think once the gang-strike is finished things will change.

does that mean no more protective coding?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's