AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Gang Recruitment Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just my opinion but I think that if you post in this forum, only non-gang players are able to post any reply's.

Too many times do I see where other gangs members will post on another gangs posts, "horsing around" about the original post.

The reason I think non gang players (people that are not in gangs) are the only one's allow to reply would be for the simple fact, if your in a gang, why would you want your gang seeing you post asking about another gang?

Of course there will always be "loopholes" in it but if someone is wanting to go SO far as to leave there gang just to post in one of the Gang Recruitment topic and lose there gang loyalty (which hasn't yet come into play) by all means go for it then.

Just my $.02

Marlo

I'm with ya Chief!

mudpies

maybe make it so only the original poster can add to the thread. if anyone wants in that gang they have to do the process in game. Any updates about the recruitment would be added by the OP.

then you won't have those horrible jerks goofing around in it.

terrible people I tell ya.

Casius

There really isn't a need to post after the OP at all. In the Trade Moderator and here, I think all threads should only be posted in by the OP. If you need more info about an item or gang, you can mail in game.

mudpies

Casius Wrote:There really isn't a need to post after the OP at all. In the Trade Moderator and here, I think all threads should only be posted in by the OP. If you need more info about an item or gang, you can mail in game.

not true, things can change during the sale. Maybe it originally comes with 3 active members, but then they all decide to peace. maybe the price drops.

Casius

mudpies Wrote:
Casius Wrote:There really isn't a need to post after the OP at all. In the Trade Moderator and here, I think all threads should only be posted in by the OP. If you need more info about an item or gang, you can mail in game.

not true, things can change during the sale. Maybe it originally comes with 3 active members, but then they all decide to peace. maybe the price drops.

The OP can change or add posts to their own thread to denote change. No one but the OP should be able to post in their thread though.

mudpies

um, so are you arguing my point or agreeing with it now?
I like the "only the poster can reply" idea for gang recruitment. Not sure about the trade forum tho.

I just made a change to the gang recruitment forum section, but unfortunately the original poster cannot reply to his own post. He CAN edit it however, which is a weak workaround. Unfortunately there is a nice little limitation in the forum code that will require some customization. In the meantime, let's run with it and see how it goes.

mudpies

only problem with only having the edit option is that it won't bump the thread if there is a change to address.

I'm glad you see what I was getting at tho. Here's hoping you figure out what needs to change in the forum code so those nasty terrible people can't fool around in the threads anymore.

filthymick

%50 agreed. there's been a few times where i had added info to a gang recruitment ad, after another member has posted the ad. for instance, maybe he says we got an open spot, whereas i'd follow up with some glamorization about why our gang is so good.
Reference URL's