AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Free Credits!!! New and Improved Pestilence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For my part, I have stopped playing and moved to the retirement district until the mentality of the players playing have undergone severe changes.

And everyone pointing authentic problems with the community as it is now are not whiners and moaners. We are allowed to point out that things could be better or solved in another without being moaners.

And as it is now, people are quitting cause this isnt a free game anymore, those not donating enough will get beaten up and used as XP cows until they quit. Only those willing to donate enough will get to the top, and that's the key issue I have with the community at the moment.

Donations are a nice way to say thank you to Zenith for making a fun game, and a nice way of getting that extra edge over others.

Some of the top people that has quit has a total online time of over 15-20days althogheter, and my online time is over 15days. I have seen how community has changed.

Do you realize that game economy has gone from 108millions altogheter 1.st of january to 311million 12th of may

- game has existed 361 days rougly

- spent 240days building up 108mill in game economy even with casanovas 20-25millions.

-and then from 1st of januar, game triples the game economy in 120days.

-15 people has spent over 1million on cyberwares, probably around 2-4mills for the highest.

-And now for the most scary point, Endurance, this isnt calculated into game economy, but if it was, you'd see an increase of atleast 100millions if not 200millions. (Prove me wrong here, each dev point in endurance is worth 800$ in pure converted cash, now use alladdict to see how many dev points in endurance/intelligence you have. My crappy level 11 endurance is worth 3.9mill )

How on earth do you expect people to compete with this, and if you expect people NOT to compete with this, why on earth should they continue to play?

And right there is my point of how the mentality of the game has changed, you expect those that point this out to just shut up and stop whining/moaning/sulking, and then follow of with a funny picture ridiculing the poster cause you really dont have a valid point that defends the mentality.

But those that could defend the mentality doesnt need to, cause they are the kings of the game. So they can just post the "funny pictures" and carry on.

But I still care alot for this game, and I hope that people will do a team effort to keep those playing still playing for a long time. But with the current attitudes that will be hard. But I aim to continue playing later, until then I'll just be a forum mod. Maybe this way I wont be biased.

mudpies

Well said Druchii.
i think donating should give the bonus refresh rate and maybe like a possibilty to upgrade endurance, but also i think endurance and int should be made easier to attain for non donators. it would balance things out alot

but not the like use credits to refresh completely, just the double refresh rate

LordSkie

brythompson Wrote:why dont all you moaners just play the game. Chris and Sarge have done a lot for this game, as have eagle, Druchii and lots of others. At the end of the day it is a game and if people want to join together then they join together. If those people who join just happen to be the strongest in the game then so what, it thier choice, they paid the money and put the time in to get to where they are.

Ever since i was in Old Soldiers and then the Elders people have moaned about everything, it did not matter what we did it was never good enough. Why dont you all just PLAY and stop moaning.

it's comments like this which are the most annoying- yes, it's their choice to 'play' the game as they wish. On the same note, it is others choice to complain about how they play as it impacts upon their own enjoyment.

There's a real good reason people complain- it's impossible to challenge the top. The ironic thing is that, as someone else said, Chris and Sarge have been awaiting the day someone can challenge them. Chris mailed me saying the day we surpass them and can beat them, he'll be happy- because he wants some competition, and will relish it.

Fine sentiments, but let's face it- we just didn't have the tools to surpass them. Our activity rates are similar, possibly even in our favour, but Chris and Sarge have a stronger donating potential than us, and the head start. Now a new breed of players have come along with superior activity, and far superior donating potential. So we await the inevitable clash of the new force against the old- here you go Chris, the challenge you've been desperate for is finally here.

But instead, they merge with these new players. Which leaves you thinking- what happened to desiring a challenge? Did you really desire a challenge, or did you just want whipping boys to prove your dominance, not a contest at all?

You can say what you like about moaning, whining, whatever. But there's a huge difference between calling facts and suggesting improvements and moaning and whining about life's unfairness. We've done the former, not the latter, and you've simply attempted to spin everything to make us look like we're complaining over nothing. The day ANY awl player takes in excess of 5 disbanded gangs, at a combined cost of over 2mil cash purely in rebuilt gang costs without a murmur won't dawn. We've tried every trick in the book to compete on the same level, to failure each time- and no matter what we do, fight back, try to make peace, try to get on and play quietly, anything- it's the same old story.

I have now doubt this 'new' pestilence will be nice and friendly for a few weeks. Maybe even a month. Then the boredom will set in, and having destroyed any chance of anyone beating them, the good old 'we just want a challenge' excuse will come out, and whoever's closest to them will get beaten on. That's the unfortunate way the game will be now.

Which is one damn good reason I'm glad I quit well prior to this.
I'll be pre-locking this thread before someone shoves a boot into their mouth. But before I do I'd like to share something...

Beelzebub was the former #1 for quite some time. He focused on training and fought people infrequently. He was well ahead of everyone in almost every stat. Sure, he was the 3rd person to ever register, but he still busted his butt to get to the top. There wasn't much in terms to spend credits on so all the money he gave us went straight to his house or to boost the houses of other players. Plus back then no one even realized that endurance helped with stat trains.

He then attacked someone and had a complaint. He attacked another player and they complained. He attacked Casanova to tell him he should quit hospitalizing players online and promptly received hell for it from everyone. Almost everyone he attacked complained. Since he was the strongest, no one had a chance. He had a handful of players quit because they didn't think it was fair.

He sent me a long and polite email to me when he retired, and I think now is a good time to share it. It sort of pertains to things in this thread and the conflicts we have between players now.

Quote:Miss Z,

I love this game. You did a fucking sweet job compared to the other crap games out there. You even made it look good. The other games are completely unfair compared to here. It's like you took all the shit I hated and fixed it. I like how you just let the players play and are not the one to beat. The fact there aren't 40 staff members in the game makes me feel that you have things under control and I won't have to worry about cheating.

But being number 1 stinks.

I guess this is how being a celebrity feels. I sneeze and someone here will complain I didn't cover my nose. I hit someone 2 levels lower than me and it's not fair. Everyone is levels lower than me, even my gangmate Chris.

I hit Ca$anova to tell him to lay off hospitalizing online players and now I'm the bad guy. So much for using my powers for good. We had 4 people online, and he sent 2 to the hospital. Ca$anova must be donating a shitload to reach me and I bet he quits because the community forces him out due to his aggressive attacks on anything that moves. I definitely don't see him lasting long.

I think players will stop complaining when we see pigs with wings, or unless you make combat a coin flip. But if you do that, others will complain about that as well.

I guarantee those who are at the top will have the same problem as me. Everything they do will be under a microscope. All the good things done in the past will be forgotten by players for one thing they do that's not generous. They will put a lot of their valuable personal time in, and anyone they hit will become instantly pissed off. I'm not a mean person, and I don't take things to a personal level here. I understand the players close to the top are trying to replace me as the resident studmuffin. Once they do they will get to taste the sweet taste of bitterness though, since they will now have my current problems.

I'm no notradamus, but that's how I see things. It's no fun being number 1. It's no fun being in the number 1 gang either. In fact, it's just not fun anymore. I don't have the personality to handle the celeb status. It would be cool to have some sort of retirement area where players who don't play anymore can be still listed in your rankings but unable to do anything. This is where I want to be.

You will always have complainers. You will always have players who "threaten" to quit trying to make you feel sorry for them. Don't give in. Your game is the fairest in all the land. They will leave and find some other game like this one, but they will regret not staying here.

Hopefully the top players don't join into one gang, since this will just make things worse. Been there done that. It's not fun.

In the end it's your game. I had fun, and the cash I donated to you I feel was money well spent. I am sure you have some awesome ideas to make things more fair than other games like TC and CC. My only suggestion is making hospital times less as it takes away from players enjoying the game. The community here as a whole is great, but I am just sick of the bickering. I'm sending you $100 bucks as my gift for creating a sweet game. But I won't be playing anymore. Use it to take a break from being an admin and take your man to a nice restaurant.

Thanks for a cool site,

Retiredzebub
Druchii Wrote:Do you realize that game economy has gone from 108millions altogheter 1.st of january to 311million 12th of may

- game has existed 361 days rougly

- spent 240days building up 108mill in game economy even with casanovas 20-25millions.

-and then from 1st of januar, game triples the game economy in 120days.

-15 people has spent over 1million on cyberwares, probably around 2-4mills for the highest.

Just for the record, the way total economy is calculated has changed since Jan 1 to now. Things were added to the total, and other things corrected. When I made those changes the total economy went up because it included more. Our active user base has also increased in that time. There are more players earning more money than ever before.

In September an average day of crimes for the entire game was $207,742. We had 3 players making over $10K per day, and a high of 145 players committing crimes a day. Now it's $1.5 million and we have 51 players making more than 10K per day and a low of 401 players per day committing crimes this month.

Yes the economy has grown, but we also have a lot more players.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's