AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: To skill, or not to skill, that is the question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In your opinion, would it be better for a player to

Quote:A)... invest on his intelligence attribute to keep training on his main combat skill further(once said skill is maxed & = intelligence lvl).

or

Quote:B)... invest skill time on most appropriate defensive or knowledge skill and invest credits on end

One would have to consider the following facts:

- Player has: END > INT
In that case, less credits are needed to increase INT.
- Think long time

*NOTE THAT DOING CLASSES AT ALU IS NOT AN OPTION*
i think a person should have a balance across the board -main weapon, defensive, throw in a few knowledge ones depending on your gang...

my opinion anyways
imo skills are w/e, use what you like. picked b because of endo improvements
I say push your main skill to the max. No complaints here so far.
I need to train my int to 23 for my next weapon, and 27 for the one after. I think it will be a little while before I "max out" my skills.
i do not understand this question

i dont know what endurance has to do with anything

it seems that youre asking if we should do combat skills or defensive skills. but then you alternate the question into training skills or training stats. choose one?
All of the above and more.
Train my weapon skill till the percentages make we want to off myself.
Train my defensive skill till the same happens.
Study at the school till I want to go to real school.
Dump equal amounts of credits into both Int and End.
I vote A. Adding one level of intel would last a while, as at the skill levels you are at, you are talking about at least one month, if not two, of hardcore skilling to get to 100%. You will donate again before that time comes, and still up your endurance.
(2010.Apr.29 02:47 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]i do not understand this question

i dont know what endurance has to do with anything

it seems that youre asking if we should do combat skills or defensive skills. but then you alternate the question into training skills or training stats. choose one?

Ok, I'll try to explain it more clearly.

2 scenarios:

Player A has reached his maximum weapon skill lvl, because of his intelligence lvl (let's say 10 for example). He decides to invest money on credits to increase his intelligence lvl and then be able to keep training some more his main weapon skill lvl.

Player B has reached his maximum weapon skill lvl, because of his intelligence lvl (let's say 10 for example). He decides to invest money on credits to increase his endurance and to train some other skills, leaving that one as maxed.

Wich scenario is better?

or

Is it better in the long run to focus on someone's main attack skill and get it as high as possible, no matter the cost, or to spread the love?

And I know nobody really knows, and it is just an impression.

But according to Zen's latest comments with the NPC's tweaking, I got a little scared and did not want to waste my points or time like some did with the schooling.

(2010.Apr.24 07:40 PM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]Even if I set their defense skills to 100 each, it merely negates your attack skill. I can eliminate the multiple NPCs attacking.

Is it clearer Poppy?
At the very least, you need some points in armor handling to use the newest armors and helmets, so why not throw some points into them while you decide? That's my plan!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's