AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: The 2 new axes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of, thank you Zen. I know I'm thinking I'll never get to use them, but working towards a goal is a nice part of AL, and I'm glad to have goals once again.

SO, the new axes...

The way I see and read it, they look incomplete. It said on the ''smaller'' one that the biggest would have stat requirements somehow. IMO, anything under 10 is meaningless.

As per the name, I'd give ARES some second chance in the futur. I know the Bardiche is hated by most, but a world with no commercial competition just can't work and Broyles is getting it too easily.

Oh, and 73/52 to 75/55 is a joke, you must be kidding.

Increase that a lot. Somehow, there are a lot of weapons now. This last axe should be top of its category for a long time now, 2 years? IMO anyway.

If you want, you could do contest for people to submit item descriptions you could use. We can't program, but we know the world.

Feel free to post axe users

Thanks again Zen!
Based on other items, I can only assume that these items will require skill to use, Zen just hasn't added it yet.

I agree about the stat reqs. I think that the stats should be A LOT higher for the top item.
There are 3 people who has the strength to weird these weapons.

And, for the next 4-6 months, there may be the 4th and 5th.

Honestly, raising the stats to 85 or 90 would not have a big affect with the top melee players. But, it will make a big different for non donor and less active players.
(2010.Apr.23 03:26 PM)ZeonOne Wrote: [ -> ]There are 3 people who has the strength to weird these weapons.

And, for the next 4-6 months, there may be the 4th and 5th.

Honestly, raising the stats to 85 or 90 would not have a big affect with the top melee players. But, it will make a big different for non donor and less active players.

I suppose that the way that I see it is that it's only a difference in endu. Any player whose stats are that high (I think) will have 27 endu. So it's like the second weapon doesn't exist.
Not necessarily, there are many top 50 players without the endurance.

21 to 23 is a decent stepping stone for those player who want to stay competitive.
(2010.Apr.23 03:41 PM)ZeonOne Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily, there are many top 50 players without the endurance.

21 to 23 is a decent stepping stone for those player who want to stay competitive.

As you noted, top 50 does not mean they have the stats to equip these weapons. There are, what, three, players with the strength for these weapons. I'd wager that they all have 27+ endu. Simply, if you have 70+ in one stat and 50+ in another, you are likely to have close to, if not, 27 endu.
Bottom line is, say the last axe stats are fine, the previous one should have them somewhere right in between it and the Riot.

Why create and Item that very few will want, once there.

Looks like an undercover bardiche plot.
(2010.Apr.23 09:05 PM)JakeBlues Wrote: [ -> ]Bottom line is, say the last axe stats are fine, the previous one should have them somewhere right in between it and the Riot.

Why create and Item that very few will want, once there.

Looks like an undercover bardiche plot.

I agree. It's like the AL203/SiC armor situation.
The difference between skill 3 and skill 7 is pretty high, isn't it?
(2010.Apr.25 09:49 AM)zliplus Wrote: [ -> ]The difference between skill 3 and skill 7 is pretty high, isn't it?

Anyone who has those stats is going to laugh at the seven skill requirement.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's