AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: should we be able to switch careers in a day after working ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

kennysdead

i work for career points as we all do but sometimes i mess up and work on a day wen i was supossed to change careers . i get fustrated wen that happns .
i do the same although i usually just want to use my points in engineering for wars

BL00DYHAZ3

Hmm, sounds like having a part-time job.
Accident or not, once you works hours at one job, deal with it. No one made you click the button. You can't work an hour at a job in RL and tell your boss "whoops, I was supposed to work that hour somewhere else" Cuz your azz will get fired faster than a virgin hooker.

badmanbren

I agree. I think you should be able to leave a job after you've worked in that day. I've been on vacation knowing when i get back I'll be sacked, just because I couldn't quit my job the day I left for holidays as I'd worked a few hours. Do bosses say to people who quit "No, you can't you've just finished your shift!"
But, back on topic, no kenny, I don't think you should be able to leave a job and join a new one if you've worked hours, in the same day.
(2010.Apr.19 08:06 AM)badmanbren Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. I think you should be able to leave a job after you've worked in that day. I've been on vacation knowing when i get back I'll be sacked, just because I couldn't quit my job the day I left for holidays as I'd worked a few hours. Do bosses say to people who quit "No, you can't you've just finished your shift!"
But, back on topic, no kenny, I don't think you should be able to leave a job and join a new one if you've worked hours, in the same day.

lol

(2010.Apr.19 07:55 AM)bconrad56 Wrote: [ -> ]Accident or not, once you works hours at one job, deal with it. No one made you click the button. You can't work an hour at a job in RL and tell your boss "whoops, I was supposed to work that hour somewhere else" Cuz your razz will get fired faster than a virgin with a hooker.
Quitting a job might be a different case but as for just switching midday it doesn't work, you essentially gain all the benefits of having both careers, I could switch back and forth bailing ppl (politics), then switch to construction to repair my fort, screws w/ a major dynamic of the game IMO.

As for virgin hookers they are actually quite expensive, I've been told. . . Winky
I've gotten hired to work a new job while at an old one, then quit my shitty old job mid shift. My boss was a dick and I was gonna quit after my shift but he pissed me off (plus I was much more hot tempered as an 18yo hahaha).
Point being. You can in RL quit part way in a day as well as get a new job before you quit the old one. Why not allow it in game? On that same note, why not allow part-time if someone wanted it. No overtime pay allowed though. Split shifts are terrible but if you want em, suck it up princess. Razz hahaha
(2010.Apr.19 09:00 AM)DevlinXiro Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten hired to work a new job while at an old one, then quit my drekky old job mid shift. My boss was a dork and I was gonna quit after my shift but he miffed me off (plus I was much more hot tempered as an 18yo hahaha).
Point being. You can in RL quit part way in a day as well as get a new job before you quit the old one. Why not allow it in game? On that same note, why not allow part-time if someone wanted it. No overtime pay allowed though. Split shifts are terrible but if you want em, suck it up princess. Razz hahaha

ok but if u leave halfway u can NEVER go back.
You do not need perfect continuity. It is a game, you can fudge it a bit. Just stop forgetting to change careers. use a post-it note, Something!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's