AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: AL IRC channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.slashnet.org/channels/awakenedlands

There you go, if anyone wants to use it. It's unmoderated so go nuts.
I won't be in there most of the time so if people do actually use it let me know and I'll hand operator powers and all that jazz out.
How does irc work exacty? Do you need to dl anything to get it to work?
I've used IRC before and no, it requires NO DOWNLOADS. You sign in. You're in the channel. Wink That easy.
(2010.Mar.09 05:51 PM)TheManiac Wrote: [ -> ]I've used IRC before and no, it requires NO DOWNLOADS. You sign in. You're in the channel. Wink That easy.

That's true if it's a java-enabled room, but normally you have to install an IRC client in order to get on. mIRC has always been a good one.
This has been tried several times before and failed.
I was just on there. worked fine, easy as hell
(2010.Mar.09 06:05 PM)thatthingufear Wrote: [ -> ]This has been tried several times before and failed.

Yep... this certainly isn't the first attempt here on AL.

It never works out because people don't want to sit around and chat with a bunch of dorks in real-time all day long...
You don't need to DL a client for slashnet, it auto hooks you up with mibbit, a browser client.

I know it's been tried before, just thought I'd throw another one out in case people wanted to shout and swear at each other.
It's pretty decent. Easy to use. If more then ten people would get on and start chatting away the IRC channel would become a pretty good, time-wasting channel. Smile
It says "powered by gay haunt". I am not joining.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's