AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: new district for everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mudpies

We should have a district open to everyone. In this district they police presence is massive. It's not impossible to attack someone but 9/10 times you're gonna get busted doing so. Also in this district you cannot commit crimes, train, body mod, buy from market, anything. If you've attacked anyone in the past 24 hours you aren't allowed access to the district. You can only visit the area twice in 24 hours. It should also cost a very large sum of money to hide there. Hopefully that won't make it so everyone can just jump back over there after they train.

Just typing the ideas for you as they're popping in my head. If we can somehow limit a players ability to use the district it could work... maybe.

TheGeek

I would certainly like to see a "safe" district. However, alot of other game dynamics would need to be changed. For starters, there would have to be a reputation system marking players that are Lawful or Criminals. Only lawful characters can enjoy the priviledges of the safe district but at the disadvantage of not being able to commit crimes. There would also need to be other ways of making money and experience for those lawful citizens.

Basically, it would divide the game into two factions. Its kinda corny that you can be a murderer and criminal, yet work for the police! (especially since there are no job dependant crimes such as blackmailing criminals, "body disposal" or poisoning someones food)

psheehan78

I like it. That way the attackers could attack and freindlies could... well... do whatever they do.

TheGeek

Nothings to say that Lawful objectives will take place in the safe zone either! Criminals can still attack law abiders they catch in seedy back alleys!! hehehe.
in the lawful areas you could spar other players for reduced exp and you wouldnt be in the hospital long (same time as getting mugged) maybe? that would be kinda cool, plus you could attack each other constantly and not be upset about attacking people online because it would be "sparring" Razz

sexy
Reference URL's