AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Should lossing a gang war cost more?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always imaged that when a gang war is fought it's between two rival gangs who's goal is to destroy the others hideout not for the purpose of just destroying that but to get to the players hiding inside, and what ever loot they may have in their vault.

Just image how silly it would be to rage a all out war, and you have entire gang that just destroyed your walls defense with you standing on the inside, and they all just walk away happy cause they knocked over your hideout.

If your hideout is exposed shouldn't the cops have a better chance at finding you. I mean peolpe were just shooting rifles, shotguns, sounds of Axes smashing against solid walls turning them to ruble. Now you have no place to hide. Also shouldn't any current gang plans be halted as you have more pressing issues. A part of your gang goes to the hosp cause falling debris lands on them.

Just a thought.
Sounds like a lot of coding.

Not a bad thought though. It would definitely add a new aspect to gang wars. Incentive to defend at least.
that seems like a really good reason to not even be in a gang. gang wars are already kind of stupid (ok, you get a gang combat bonus, which costs a LOT of time and effort, and they are kind of worth it, but soooooooooooooooooo much effort to get it... ugh). if more PUNISHMENTS were instated for gang wars, i think the resolution would be just dont join a gang. there should be a TON more benefits to gang wars, and maybe a point to it?
(2010.Feb.28 02:05 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]that seems like a really good reason to not even be in a gang. gang wars are already kind of stupid (ok, you get a gang combat bonus, which costs a LOT of time and effort, and they are kind of worth it, but soooooooooooooooooo much effort to get it... ugh). if more PUNISHMENTS were instated for gang wars, i think the resolution would be just dont join a gang. there should be a TON more benefits to gang wars, and maybe a point to it?

bring back the respect and make it so gangs can be deleted.
please. please do that. and make gang upgrades for slots cost gang points instead of $$$. then your hard work can be deleted. enjoy.
I might be missing a crucial detail, but what is lossing?
(2010.Feb.28 02:05 PM)abysmalpoptart Wrote: [ -> ]that seems like a really good reason to not even be in a gang. gang wars are already kind of stupid (ok, you get a gang combat bonus, which costs a LOT of time and effort, and they are kind of worth it, but soooooooooooooooooo much effort to get it... ugh). if more PUNISHMENTS were instated for gang wars, i think the resolution would be just dont join a gang. there should be a TON more benefits to gang wars, and maybe a point to it?

What if their were different attack options? More like when you go to attack someone you have different options.

Mug them - taking money from their vault .

Gang Battle - going for the most amount of points possible. 1/4 of their member go to the hosp for small amounts of time. Would grant more points then were use to to.

Standard - what were use to but 1/8 of their members goto the hosp randomly. medium amount of time.

Hosp - send them all to the hosp if possible. would randomly pick their members to go to the hosp after their walls fall.

If zen were to bring back rep. Then

Destroy them - the old version of gang battles. Where their rep can go to zero.
Reference URL's