AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Broyles Inc. Ionized Axe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Marlo

Broyles Inc. Ionized Axe
Item Type Melee Weapon
Legality Illegal
Availability Rating 0
Concealment Rating 2
Weight (kilograms) 5.0 kg
Standard Price $350,000
Trade-in Value $120,000

The Ionized Axe is a modification of the Electric Axe by Broyles Inc. Equipped with a negatively-charged stun sensor at the top of the blade, this weapon creates an additional shock effect when a successful hit is scored. The additional weight of the add-on increases the strength requirement to 20, while requiring similar dexterity as well.

Item Requirements
Strength 20
Dexterity 20

I have a couple of questions here. First, the bold text above states that due to the add-on the strength requirement is 20, however, the Ionized axe weighs .5 kg's less than the electric axe. Does anyone else find this to be confusing?

Second. I just recently aquirred this little devil and upon equipping it I was most dissatisfied with it's performance in Gang Wars. My Electric axe was not only very powerful, but extremely consistant. While the Ionized axe has shown great ability in PvP attacks, it has let me down so far on hideouts. Without getting into my exact stats, I more than meet the requirements for this schnuka. Anyone got an answer for me?

Happy Holidaze,

Marlo

Loki

To get consistently good hits with any weapon it seems you need to have stats significantly above the minimum requirements.

Also, weapons seem to get better with more use / experience. (i may be imagining this...)

the weight thing is kinda funny.
^ i find this to be correct j, but apparently fractal you are not alone in your experience with these weapons in wars....we have tested all but 2 weapons out there and the elec axe seems to give as good or better hits than the ionized anything...interesting huh Smile...

for melee it seems that price and requirements doesnt hold true for damage done to the hideout

Marlo

Thanks for the input. My main issue with this is, that when I first got the Electric axe, I purchased it when I first met the stat requirements, and it came out the gate sprinting. Being that I was as impressed with the Electric axe as I was, you can imagine how eager I was to get into some Ionization. Needless to say it was little bit of a bummer.
the ion axe gets a little better after some use. Like J said it takes a few wars to really get the highest hits. it is about as consistant with the hits as the electric... I think perception plays a role since you are expecting so much more and it only delivers a little boost... it works well in PvP but still can't beat the T450
I was actually hoping that the ionized axe would help close the gap and maybe even out melee and ranged combatants. Needless to say I was highly disappointed in its performance in PvP.

In gang wars I find those members with the ionized axe tend to have the highest average damage per hit but the electric axe does seem to be a bit more consistant

You will also as stated previously seem an improvement as you use the axe, but I warn you do not get your hopes up too high as I have found that any armor above the trenchcoat severely weakens the the ionized axe

Marlo

Jeez. That was a series of comments I was not anticipating to read about this thing. I suppose that one should do more research prior to investing.

KcCashBrigade

I have absolutly no complaints with my axe. In my opinion it has been out performing my old electric axe in gang wars. Not by much; but still a noticable difference. I also am not having any issues whatsoever with PvP. Although not a signigigant increase in anything really; it is a little bump in all areas which is worth it at the point in development that we are at.

Only one thing has harder requirements for the melle and that is that crazy 17 intel whip...which I have heard is also a dissapointment

Loki

You guys probably need much higher strength to realize the potential of these melee weapons. The better ranged hitters in the game have accuracy in the mid to high 40's (some much higher)...

Logic would indicate that = ST is needed to do similar damage with the best melee weapons.

Get strength up to 30+ for the ion axe and 40+ for the ion whip and I think you'll be smashing things good.

shadowinc

mtngti Wrote:You guys probably need much higher strength to realize the potential of these melee weapons. The better ranged hitters in the game have accuracy in the mid to high 40's (some much higher)...

Logic would indicate that = ST is needed to do similar damage with the best melee weapons.

Get strength up to 30+ for the ion axe and 40+ for the ion whip and I think you'll be smashing things good.

i have to agree with you bro,alot of players give up after getting their stats to the bare requirments or 1 above it,get a good amount over and then make your mind up Biggrin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's