AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: When it is all said and done...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, let me just abuse my mod powers here. I am gonna very rudely abuse my moderator powers here by stickying my own post here for a while. But I feel that somethings should be said, and remembered for everyone here.

Everyone here wages only war that they know they can win, almost no wars have been declared by the losing part. Yes there are exeptions, but there always is those that go against the opposition. People sometimes makes outrageous demands of the weaker gangs to let them end the war, and sometimes that leads to the weaker gang being destroyed. Yes i do know that wars are a natural part of the game, and that it should stay that way. However, the gang getting declared on might not have done anything wrong to begin with, only mistake was that they were weaker then the other gang. Just please remember that you dont let things go too far, and that you give the gang getting declared on a chance to get off the hook.

Remember that you step on other peoples time spent on the game, people put time and often real money into the enjoyment of this game, and we are talking as of lately more and more real cash spent. And simply telling them that this is just a game wont do.

Yes, tell people they get too upset over an imaginary world, and that they should take a step back and relax, maybe turn off the computer for a few days when things get to hot and steamy and people lose their heads. But tell them to take a step back too often, and they simply wont return to something that they dont enjoy anymore. Some might say its okay that those people dont return, but they often represent the core of the game. They represent the opposing factions of the game that makes it fun to play, because you have something to compete against. Get rid of the competition, and you are in effect getting rid of those making the game more fun. So treat everyone, even those you do not like with the smallest amount of respect. You might even end up liking them.

The reason I am telling you all of this is that I realized that I have taken too many steps back from the game cause of things I disagree or get upset about, that I dont yet see a reason to return to the pace = time spent each day playing the game that I had in the beginning. The thing I love about this game now is the forum, I really like reading the posts here, cause its a fun carefree enviroment, with helpful people that has a spark of humour in their posts. And I might soon get back in the race to be nr 1.

The whole point of this post is this. Have whatever fun you want, just think of what youre doing to other people.

-Druchii
Well said

Nightrain

well said senor..
and I would like to say that my posts are always of a serious nature and well thought through while i am in the hospital bed with nothing to do. Razz
I feel that you put a lot of thought into this and in no way pinpointing anyone but making more of a statement so I will do nothing to this post and will leave it up to Zenith whether or not it stays or gets removed.

But I did have to make one correction:

maybe turn of (I changed to off) the computer for a few days when things get to hot and steamy and people lose their heads

Thor

Eaglefreak Wrote:I feel that you put a lot of thought into this and in no way pinpointing anyone but making more of a statement so I will do nothing to this post and will leave it up to Zenith weather or not it stays or gets removed.

maybe turn of (I changed to off) the computer for a few days when things get to hot and steamy and people lose their heads
Grammar nazi!!!

lol

Very well said Dru, nice choice of words and all.

Spider101

Well said druchii
Eaglefreak Wrote:I feel that you put a lot of thought into this and in no way pinpointing anyone but making more of a statement so I will do nothing to this post and will leave it up to Zenith weather or not it stays or gets removed.

You definitely spelled weather correctly, but it's not the right form.
Razz

Nightrain

whise no ones corrsts me spelings?
exceptions
Reference URL's