AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: new arnmour working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2010.Jan.11 03:19 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Jan.11 12:56 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont find its working like it should. anyone else?

How many times have you tried it out? I was under the understanding that they worked like borgs, and didn't necessarily activate every time.

whatever gave you that impression? i see it as a constant +6, -3, and +1 for helmet.
(2010.Jan.11 03:17 PM)ZeonOne Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a big different (If any) from Tib2 to L series armor. I don't expect much going up from the L series to the T series with the exception that I get a free modifier upgrade.

Zen said last time that the L series protects more than the Tib2 series when asked. i would imagine it is safe to assume that the T series should protect better than the L series and signifiacntly more than the TiB.
seems odd if all those things are correct....

except the randomlands factor where I have lost to people with even more of a defict, and it isn't even all that rare.
Conrad any chance u have fight logs w/ any NPC (assume their stats r always the same), one w/ the Tib set and 1 w/ the new one. I think this is the best way to show a difference, if any exists at all.lol
(2010.Jan.11 04:27 PM)2asandab Wrote: [ -> ]Conrad any chance u have fight logs w/ any NPC (assume their stats r always the same), one w/ the Tib set and 1 w/ the new one. I think this is the best way to show a difference, if any exists at all.lol

i dont
You are right about that, I am sure the L series is better than the TiB2. The difference is hardly noticeable.

This is like borg implant with No humanity lost.
(2010.Jan.11 03:45 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Jan.11 03:19 PM)Accipender Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010.Jan.11 12:56 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont find its working like it should. anyone else?

How many times have you tried it out? I was under the understanding that they worked like borgs, and didn't necessarily activate every time.

whatever gave you that impression? i see it as a constant +6, -3, and +1 for helmet.

I thought that I had read that somewhere when the old power armors were coming out, but now I can't find it. Zen?
(2010.Jan.11 04:51 PM)ZeonOne Wrote: [ -> ]You are right about that, I am sure the L series is better than the TiB2. The difference is hardly noticeable.

This is like borg implant with No humanity lost.

Cyberware Rating Stat Modification Humanity Cost Max Hospital Time Price
Dermal Plating
Dermal plating takes kevlar, dyneema and naturally-grown hardened human skin and fuses them under the skin. Coverage areas include the torso, midsection and upper legs.
0 out of 8 Resistance +1 0.65 150 minutes $60,000

2M Assault Helmet - T4
Item Type Helmet
Legality Illegal
Availability Rating 30
Concealment Rating 0
Weight (kilograms) 6.2 kg
Standard Price $450,000
Trade-in Value $3,500
Made with Titanium Diboride bonded with aramid fibers, it is designed with a low center of gravity and has a configuration which extends protection to the neck and ears areas. It has a cradle type suspension system and is offset from the head to provide space for deformation caused by projectiles and to allow for increased ventilation. Very effective with most armors. Made specifically for the 2M Armors.

Skill Requirements
Armor Handling 2
Statistical Modifiers
Resistance Modifier 1

So that extra $390000 is for the .65 Humanity and 150 minutes of my time? Not really worth it is it.

Zen has even said there is a difference between the Tib2 and 2M armour about 18% and 20% per hit

(2009.Jul.03 03:59 PM)zenith Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying Conrad's incorrect, I'm just saying 2 attacks isn't enough to make a conclusion. The 13% resistance increase per hit is lower than the overall average I'm seeing, which is between 18% and 20% per hit.
http://forums.awakenedlands.com/showthre...ght=armour

I bought a new better helmet that is also a match for my armour and I need to be skilled in using said helmet and also get +1 res, and im see no benefit infact it looks like im getting hit more and resisting less.
I still lose to who I always lose to.. I still can take on who I always win. To me, it doesn't make much of a difference with the TiB2 upgrade to the L series.

I still remember back in the old days. Upgrading from dyneema to SiC is like a godsent.

Anyway, for the cyberware, they are actually quite expensive. Since most experienced player will only get the best borg, they cost much more that 60k. Here is the killer, after the first rating, the increment rating cost double the original.

For example: Bionetic Eye - for first rating cost 0.45 humanity and 350,000.
To get the second rating, it will cost you 0.45 humanity and 700,000!!!

The third rating is even more 1,050,000!!!

Cyberware Rating Stat Modification Humanity Cost Max Hospital Time Price
Cultured Bionetic Eye Replacement
Cultured bionetic eye replacements are merely standard bionetic eye replacements grown from stem-cells from the recipient.
0 out of 8 Accuracy +1 0.45 240 minutes $350,000
i throw on the best sheild and my opponent (one referenced above - RJ) doesnt have one on - and i lose. my stats are superior, my equipment is superior, and my skills may be as well.

seems pretty fcked up to me.

* - i was 2559/2600 HPS and he was 4 HPs from losing - but i lost nevertheless. wtf?
I know now cybeware works, and I know its a waste of time buying the cheapest as it uses up more of your humanity. I picked the cheapest as it had the highest humanity. Even with the best its still a difference of $170000 for 0.40 Humanity and 300 minutes of my time.

Now the helmet is a one time bonus it cant be upgraded like a cybeware it cant be made better, so the fact a cybeware gets more expensive after the first has nothing to do with it. If it going to be compared to cybeware it need to be a cybeware at its starting level.

As I said atm what im seeing is im hitting less, getting hit more and resisting less than what I was with a helmet that was a lower level, not a match for my armour and with one less res.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's