AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Resting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

TheGeek

I was sitting here, working on an essay assignment for my writing class when for some strange reason, I started thinking about World of Warcraft and Awakened Lands. Comparing the two to each other in different aspects. (Why? I have no idea. Probably because this assignment is asinine.)

Anyway, there is a system in WoW called the rest system, whereby users who are not logged into the game, slowly over the course of 5 real life days, accrue "Rested Experience" this gives a 50% bonus modifier to experience gained from killing monsters once the user returns. It was designed to help keep the game appealing to the more casual gamer. It capped you out after 5 days at 150% of your current levels experience (for instance, if I was level 38 and required 169,000 experience to get to level 39, I would max out at 253,500)

I thought this could be adapted to work for Awakened Lands! Make the change exclusive to crimes or something. (Think a bonus to player kill exp would be too high) The numbers would need some juggling, but I think it would be a neat way to help out those who can't be on as much as some of us.

syntheticdarkness

I highly disagree, there should NOT be a bonus for people who don't play.

If anything there should be a bonus for people who use over 75% of there action points or energy. Idea

ShadowDude

Yea i don't like the idea either sorry

matt5250

I don't agree with it, but I also don't agree with a bonus for those who use over 75% of their energy/action points.
i think it might be a good idea if implemented properly, i.e. even if there is a bonus, youre still highly benefitting from playing more often because if you get a 150% bonus (2.5x multiplier) it wouldnt last forever, and youll still take longer to level up etc. plus it would probably hurt more when you get caught by the police

think about it - in order to get the multiplier you have to be NOT PLAYING for a full day or two, which is hundreds of energy and action points unspent. why not let some of those 250day old level 5 people get an edge and catch up to level 6?

LordSkie

I agree. Even missing one day can seriously put you behind, you miss out on a massive amount compared to others. It certainly wouldn't be enough to catch you back up, it would just make not being able to play for a few days a little more palatable.
Great idea Smile

TheGeek

Yeah, thats more the intended effect. Not a catch up, just a little help. Playing every refresh for a day would still equal much, much greater returns than sitting out a day then coming back and blowing rested time.
I tottaly agree. Of corse active players should gain more that inactive ones , but small help in caucght up when you come back from "holidays" would be nice Biggrin

ShadowDude

but some people are trying to sabotage their levels so that they stay at a low level for gang wars and gain more respect because they have high stats at low levels if you implement this then people may level when they don't want to.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's